Ms. Pinky vs Dildo

Scratch_n_SniffScratch_n_Sniff 353 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Do any of you folls know about the Ms. Pinky record control system?For those that don't know: It's like Serato, but you can use the control signal from the records for whatever you want. Not just audio, but video and effects too. Simultaneously. It also can be used to build loops and songs live when paired with ableton live or cubase. It only costs $100, but you have to buy a standalone audio to digital converter, if you don't have one. They run between $200-$500.I'm mostly interested in using the turntable to fuck with some live video, and this seems to be the way to go. I've been checking out their website, and I can't endorse the aesthetic, but the product seems pretty interesting for some next level microwaving.Has anyone here used this before? How is the feel compared to Serato? How useable is the interface?Ms. Pinky Website

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm all for ms.pinky since it's open source (too bad no one's taken an interest in it), but I've heard that it's not so great on the dj side. People rave about the video side of it though.

• Hmm. I guess thats what I expected.

Are the DJ problems with putting together mixes or scratching? I'm most interested in how tightly the system responds to scratching and doubles.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It doesn't track that well for mixing (or so I hear), so I doubt it'll go through the rigors of cuts.