• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    whats the deal w/ mona fong?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

YOU GETS NO SHANGHAI DIVAS, DOGG! LOL

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Titled "East And West" and is sung in English....cuts include "Simon Says", "Sounds Of Silence" and two cuts that are labeled as being soul "We Are Always Together" and "I Love You Deeply".....will listen to it tonight.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    While everyone was sleeping off/getting ready for their WMC hangover, I decided to hit the saturday spot on a friday. Pulled a few lp's and a gang of 12's. Highlights include...

The cover of the baroques cover is , but the vinyl is real strong. Brandye might interest the modern soul folks. Obscure lp on the kayvette label from 78. real solid soul/disco from start to finish. new battered replaces my battered copy. The blues magoos sounds nothing like a blues magoo record.

some 12's

King sporty production.

Tommy Stewart holds it down. Both sides are

early Miami hip-hop (86) w/ a chopped up "funky drummer" on "Hardcore" DOPE! le juan is sounds like he's 14.

Man...I've been looking for a clean copy of this for years. Then I find one that looks like it's never been played. Classic 83 miami shit!

WOW! I get really bored when the kids are away.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Such a dope ass drum break on that Blues Magoos lp.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    kleeer-intimate connection

noel pointer-all my reasons

david ruffin-me n' rock n' roll are here to stay forever

buddy miles-all the faces of...

sessions stereo test double lp w/ pb wolf drum break

david porter-into a real thing

eddie kendricks-slick

disco gold comp. w/ patti jo tracks

sergio mendes and the new brasil 77 lp

betty wright-my first time around

joose feliciano-compartments

roberta flack and friends-cream smooth jazz

kimberley briggs-passing clouds

edwin starr-free to be myself

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

betty wright-my first time around

Really pissed I had "hidden" this and it was not there upon my return. It was cheap too but I was in a hurry when i found it...Arghh

Itll be back

However i found this for cheap

so soothing

and

• I pulled a Reynaldo today:

I wish I didn't have such an embarassing eBay name left over from when I was 15 years old...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

regardless of the name ..hope you enjoy

• On that Pharoah Sanders, at the end of the b-side it is a really dope song! I don't
    have the record here so I can't check the titles but I like that shit!
    Good finds!

I pulled out a couple of disco 12" from the dollarbin the other day:

The ADC Band - Hot Legs (Uhuru)
    Frequency - Loosen up (Hard Boiled) (dope song - some feelgood shit!)
    Barbara Mitchell - I won't give it away (Brown Bag)
    Splash - When we touch (The Hive)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Nuts. Get that dough.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Nuts.

At a price anyone could afford...

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    no camera unfortunately

but just some stuff i can dig on

archie shepp - coral rock (can i get a on this? both sides are genius, but i can't find much info on ebay completed auctions or popsike...would be surprised if its over 25 tho)

foetus inc - sink (wax trax issue, tho)

a bunch of megatone disco records for a dollar.

and uh, some other 80s synth/punk shit no one here cares about.

edit oh yes, and today finds i want to ask about

stanford university studio jazz band: was sealed, bunch of jazz standards but with an abnormal amount of drum breaks. when was this made? label says "km 3951" and cover has a pic of a dog dressed funny.

expresso - first cup: rather cheesy early 80s local prog rock. but has some interesting parts

drew youngs esp - heartbeat: i thought this was going to be some chill new age synth, or maybe a 80s pop cheese terd, but this guy belts out some soulful vocals over some cheesy 80s half new age half modern soul. any info?

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts

archie shepp - coral rock (can i get a on this? both sides are genius, but i can't find much info on ebay completed auctions or popsike...would be surprised if its over 25 tho)

I've had this for years. I don't think it's worth more than $10-15, though. It's good, dude plays piano nicely, plus I always though it had some "blunted out" sample potential.

what other records are there where a top player messes with an intrument that is not the one that they are usually associated with? "Mingus plays piano" is awesome. any others?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    NICE ONE!

• the Fabulous Counts- Jan Jan (mint cond original) for only 10 bucks!!!
    9th creation- falling in love-8 bucks
    kenny burrell-the tender gender-3 bucks
    john lee and gerry brown-mango sunrise-3

by the way, there is a record convention at the croatian cultural center in vancouver in two weeks...are any strutters gonna be in town for that?

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts

49 cents

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Some more 7"s
    The James Brown is I Cried/World Pt.2. The BS 2000 & Red Garland are Japanese pressings, I think the Red Garland is old, maybe original? Humble Pie is the original Australian picture cover. The Moments is If I Didn't Care/You Make me Feel Good. Reason To Believe is from the first pressing run of 500. Speak 714 is the original on Yellow, only 180 copies were pressed in this color.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

• On that Pharoah Sanders, at the end of the b-side it is a really dope song! I don't
    have the record here so I can't check the titles but I like that shit!
    Good finds!

Yeah, the Pharoah is a great record. It's just about the last of the Pharoah records I need to get. I've been picking them up as they appear for decent prices; not searching them out despite the fact that his records are some of my favorites. I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to come up on that private press for a affordable price. But luckily, I still need to upgrade on my Jewels Of Thought. It'll be a sad day when I can no longer look forward to getting a new Pharoah record.

On another note, I've had that Rationals LP on repeat since yesterday. Can anyone recommend anything similar? The first couple tracks are especially great. Shit threw me for a loop when the song used for The Office came on at the end there...

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    a few 45's

bobby rush - mary jane/chicken heads (galaxy)
    archie bell and the drells - dancing to your music/count the ways (glades)
    alvin cash - poppin' popcorn/instr (toddlin' town)
    little beaver - listen to my heartbeat/we three (cat)
    the mirettes - whirpool/ain't you trying to cross over (uni)
    whatnauts - try me/blues fly away (stang)
    rufus thomas - sophisticated sissy/greasy spoon (stax, promo)
    kiki dee - the day will come between sunday and monday/my whole world ended (tamla)
    the falcons - standing on guard/i can't help it (big wheel)
    fabulous counts - rhythm changes/pack of lies (westbound)

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    trying to save money for vacation in May but I picked a couple cheapies up yesterday:

my favorite gatefold cover of all time, and a WLP to boot!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

just two...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• some of my finds from this morning

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Is the Marva clean??

Nice find on the Younghearts - I really love that album.

• Marva is the cleanest copy I've seen of that LP (oftendestroyedraer) VG++ condition. It was my priciest purchase of the day.

Younghearts is tickling my lower spine right now.

If anybody needs a sealed funky Lionel Hampton LP, or some moder get at me

• On another note, I've had that Rationals LP on repeat since yesterday. Can anyone recommend anything similar? The first couple tracks are especially great. Shit threw me for a loop when the song used for The Office came on at the end there...

The interlude that repeats throughout the LP is really nice too.

Not sure what I'd recommend. One or two of the songs remind me of Moby Grape's debut LP but other tracks sound nothing like them!

Oh and I think Handbags & Gladrags was first recorded by Chris Farlowe but Rod Stewart's is the better known version, well in the UK anyway.