UMC'S FRUITS OF NATURE

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Sonically speaking, I dont think what they were doing was in any way similar to the WU-Tang production. That UMC shit is smooth/polished and well crafted, as opposed to that old dirty shit.

with 36 chambers yes, but just take a listen to RZA's Prince Rakeem tracks. Not that far off...

and the video...haha...too fresh

look at dude's top hat...haha

Would u classify Prince Rakeem & The Genius album as WU-Tang albums?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Man, those albums are ass out!

i've always been curious about those wu references too.
    my guess is that since it predates 36 chambers by a couple years, umc's must have just been fans of the movies too.

Did the first Protect Ya Neck drop in 91/92/93?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    my guess is that since it predates 36 chambers by a couple years, umc's must have just been fans of the movies too.

'93...

i read in scratch last month that prince paul taught rza how to make beats.

'93...

i read in scratch last month that prince paul taught rza how to make beats.

Well, all I know is the RZA's production got more polished after the GraveDiggaz project.

• SoulmanSoulman 66 Posts

if i remember correct wuTang was a street thing in staten island way before any wutang records came out. meth and them said that they were just the rap group, but really wutang was WAAAAY bigger than the dudes who made the records i dunno i could be wrong tho. i'm not from there

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You are right. And on the UMC's album, they go something like "I flip like kung fu and keep my flow tang wu." Not exactly an accurate reference.

• I'm pretty sure I remember reading or hearing an interview with either Kool Kim or Hass G where whichever one it was said that he knew rza and gza and knew they were working on shit, so it was basically just a shout to the Wu.