Why We Need More Torture In Our Prisons(NRR)

13»

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

It's like this, certainly your feelings about wanting to extract some kind of sadistic revenge on scumballs like this are justified. Its natural I guess. There was just a horrifying torture/murder case that came to light around where I live and I remember thinking how the guy who did it need to really get his. And in cases like that, if some lifer in prison with nothing to lose feels the need to extract some sort of vigilante prison justice, I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it. But seeking to impose some sort of state-sponsored system of prisoner-torture would be recklessly opening a Pandora's Box that would be as near-sighted as it is dangerous. We'll just file this in the same folder as your "no serious forms of racism" gaff.

Thanks for the fair and reasonable reply.......quite frankly I am not looking for anyone here to give acceptance to or approval of my opinions when I post them here.....and while I enjoy reading the spectrum of responses, make no mistake, these are simply one idiots opinions and not something worth getting anyone's panties in a wad over.

I'd like to make two more lengthy comments and then be done with this thread.

1) One of the functions of this site is to discuss, promote and I assume buy a genre of music that, in some instances, extolls the virtues of selling drugs, abusing women and committing crimes including murder.

And while I don't support censorship of ANY type of music I can certainly have disdain for the people who's lives this music reflects whether it be "Gangsta Rap" or "Skinhead Hatred". Music never committed a crime.

And also on this site we support and applaud(myself included) when a member is confronted by an agressor and he beats the crap out of/cracks their head open/punches in the dick said agressor. In the same situation I'd likely do the same thing.

Yet, when I suggest that a sick and twisted baby rapist motherfucker, who's handywork is captured on film deserves to be beat more than any "ho", should be tortured whether it be being continuously punched in the dick or having their heads cracked open and/or deserves to die more than any drive by victim, I'm treated like some sort of evil lunatic that should be excommunicated from the Human Race.

And be aware that I have not always felt this way.....it's just that many years of witnessing a society that has become a cespool of perversion and abuse aimed at the most innocent of all people, children, has made me form the opinions I spout here.

I'm done raising my children and luckily they escaped childhood unscathed even with teachers, sports coaches and neighbors that were convicted and sometimes registered sex offenders.

I'm more worried about the next and future generations, your kids, my grandkids that can have their lives destroyed in one hour by any one of a growing number of perverts behind the guise of Babysitter, Day Care worker, friendly neighbor, etc. And I hope NONE of you ever have to experience what the parents of the victims in the story I posted have to go through.

Some of you seem to think these folks will get what's coming to them when they get to prison by other prisoners and seem to be OK with that. I don't think it's right to have prisoners do our bidding at the risk of receiving further punishment simply beacuse our society doesn't have the balls to do it ourselves.

I'll admit that my suggestion of torture was a knee jerk (over)reaction, but it was instigated by my frustration that these crimes are growing and no solution seems to be working.

Think about this....there are MANY more young people in America murdered each year, including gang members and innocent bystanders who are victims of a specific "lifestyle", than are executed by the state for the heinous crimes they have committed.

Yet we sing about and support economically via buying music about the former while we protest loudly about the latter....something is amiss.

2) I don't believe there was any "No Serious Racism" gaff....I simply asked a poster what they meant when they referred to "serious racism" and then suggested that the racism of 2006 is not nearly as serious as the racism of 1956.

There has been amazing progress made in the U.S, in this area and I believe that representing it otherwise is harmful to the minorities effected and an insult to all the brave people who gave their efforts and sometimes their lives in order to make these monumental improvements.

Racism does indeed exist in all facets of life and within all races of people. And while today's race relations are by no means perfect, they are a hell of alot better than they were when I was a child and hopefully will continue to improve. That's all I was trying to say with my so-called "gaff".

I just finished writing a response that could have moved a mountain. Then the board crashed and it all got erased.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I just finished writing a response that could have moved a mountain. Then the board crashed and it all got erased.

That sucks...I would have like to have read it....I think there is a time limit for how long you can take to write your posts....if it's more then 10 minutes or so it says "Form No Longer Valid".

Unfortunately this seems to encourage the well thought out, vitriolic, one liners like "America Love It Or Leave It" and the obligatory "BAN".

Next time save your post and cut and paste it if the form is no longer valid.