Gimme 5. Up High.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
1. [color:green]VACATION.[/b][/color] Orlando for $230 roundtrip, meeting up with M*** (he's got a show at Back Booth - any 'Strutters going?), chillin' in D-World (my ex, S*r*, manages a restaurant in Epcot so I get in free), hopefully meeting up with the OG ChaseCrusher (how far is Tallahasee?) and mostest importantliest, GETTING THE FUCK OUT OF MY JOB FOR A WEEK AND A HALF. Escape! I need a break.(Orlando area 'Strutters: PM ME!)2. [color:green]E-Z-$[/b][/color] My DJ partner hooked up a gig at the mall spinnin' some modeling shit for Seventeen magazine. Tre bills for a 2 hr set playing nothing but clean versions of all the latest jams. Cake.3. [color:green]Success-N-Effect[/b][/color] Lil' sis was accepted to nursing school while my lil' brother turned down a $90k scholarship from Tulane to attend law school at Berkeley. Damn, they're making me look bad. Where did I go wrong?4. [color:green]Going Out Of Business sales[/b][/color]Robinson's-May got bought out by Macy's. Normally I wouldn't give a damn, but with $225 cashmere sweaters selling for 30 bones, you KNOW I had to snatch up a couple! Worked out well, too, 'cause the past 2 weeks or so have been "winter" in Tucson. I just wish I would've heard about the sale sooner.5. Damn, that's some sad ass shit when I can't think of a number 5 and I'M the one who started the thread. Even #4 was a stretch. Pootery. I need a change of pace.Herm

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    $225 cashmere sweaters selling for 30 bones, you KNOW I had to snatch up a couple!

1. my son learning to crawl (this morning!)

2. Starting my Thesis, there is a light at the end of the tunnel

3. Dropping 6 pounds in 2 weeks through nothing but healthy eating

4. getting a ticket to James Brown at the PARADISO!?! for free

5. the word 'moist'... ya gotta love it.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    1. summer's coming! sun? girls? music? beers? blunts? Check.

2. i'm starting to use ableton live more for beat work. it's finally starting to produce some results for me. remixes are fun as shit.

3. my mom is coming down to toronto for a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we get to hang out for a while in the afternoon. dope because I don't get to see her as much as I'd like. plus free groceries.

4. I'm finally finishing my damn degree at university.

5. I just got a raise at my job, but I'm still making 9 cents less than $10 an hour, so...

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

O r'ly?? you're in Amsterdam right? Is JB playing Paradiso?

1. My son is starting to smile! Is so funky to see you kid smile at you. He's 6 weeks old and getting chubbier by the day.

2. Got a new joboffer from an ad-agency in Amsterdam. The job I got is pretty cool but its always nice to get offered a job. I'll go check it out and see how it works out.

3. Im getting a MacBook and finally DILDO!!! hells yeah. Should arrive somewhere next week.

4. First signs of spring in Amsterdam, tho its still freezing.

5. Finally got a nice copy of Root Down and Iron Pot Cooker is in the mail.

O r'ly?? you're in Amsterdam right? Is JB playing Paradiso?

1. My son is starting to smile! Is so funky to see you kid smile at you. He's 6 weeks old and getting chubbier by the day.

2. Got a new joboffer from an ad-agency in Amsterdam. The job I got is pretty cool but its always nice to get offered a job. I'll go check it out and see how it works out.

3. Im getting a MacBook and finally DILDO!!! hells yeah. Should arrive somewhere next week.

4. First signs of spring in Amsterdam, tho its still freezing.

5. Finally got a nice copy of Root Down and Iron Pot Cooker is in the mail.

BRO, Sunday 2nd July 75 Euros.... get on it!

Yesterday was the best day in a while, id forgotten what sunshine was.

congrats on the little guy, mines pushing 9 months now.

Doei!

• 2. i'm starting to use ableton live more for beat work. it's finally starting to produce some results for me. remixes are fun as shit.

Seriously? I tried it for a while but it didn't fit me. Handling one-shots
    is a mess. I've switched back to acid. But it's cool to hear that people are
    able to produce fire in it. Maybe I'll give it another try.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    1. My record drops soon!

Can't wait, testpressing already there...shit rocks!!!

2. Spinning in Hamburg tomorrow!

Will do two sets (check out Betalounge.com), one is a special Sergio Mendes Tribute set for the new album

3. Will see Lefties Soul Connection tonight

Feel excited, want to see them rock "Organ Donor" live!!

4. The women in my life

Treat me good, so I feel like a king, "cause I just kissed my baby"....

5. Local clothing

really nice...be on the lookout for "Doktor Zabrov"...ill ish...also "auhuur", a new label from my hometown, they supply me with the good stuff...support your local clothing experience!!!

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts

Congratulation! With the kid AND his smiling. Mine is 21 months and he lately picked up saying "OH SHIT" all the time. Plus when I'm out on the streets with him he points around saying "MEISJES!"

• chasechase 767 Posts
    (how far is Tallahasee?)

dude I'm in TAMPA now... like 45 mins..

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

1. Dumb rare funk 45's for dirt cheap
    2. Easy and rewarding lifestyle
    3. Going back to Tibet in three months
    4. Tribe magazine project with Wendell Harrison actually starting to come together
    5. More and better friends than any one person deserves

Bottom

1. Car accident
    2. Love life in complete, irreparable shambles
    3. Not getting paid for $400 moder 45
    4. Fear of leaving Detroit next fall
    5. Unable to ever devote ample time to the things i love

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Kenton Paulino:

1. My daughter's 1st birthday party on Sunday.

2. A Texas-LSU regional final on Saturday!!!

3. Saul Williams doing a reading at Book People this afternoon.

4. A Cyril Neville interview in the works.

5. Today is payday. The Austin Record Convention is next weekend.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    UP HIGH

1. Trifle ??? One Way Glass

2. Chicago ??? 25 or 6 to 4

3. New Year???s dinner last night at my parents ??? amazing food, good wine, much fun and laughing at the dinner table ??? welcome to 1385!

4. New offices ??? it was a bitch moving and it???s not even over but the six windows facing south and west in the place make it all worth it.

5. Parkdale ??? I love my neighbourhood.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    New offices ??? it was a bitch moving and it???s not even over but the six windows facing south and west in the place make it all worth it.
    Glad you made it in one piece! Having a view will be so worth it in the long run.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

4. New offices ??? it was a bitch moving and it???s not even over but the six windows facing south and west in the place make it all worth it.

Where abouts is the new digs? If I come by, do I get to sit in ur chair and act like a big shot?? Do I get lunch???

glad you made it in one piece! Having a view will be so worth it in the long run.

Thanks! It's been sunny most of the week and we all feel so much better...the brightness makes a HUGE difference.

Where abouts is the new digs? If I come by, do I get to sit in ur chair and act like a big shot?? Do I get lunch???

Dude, it's just upstairs, but there was so much crap here accumulated for 10 years, that it was the biggest chore. It's a smaller office, so we were forced to get rid of a lot of stuff - this is a good thing. Anyway. It's almost done.

You already act like a big shot, but yes, you can sit in my chair. And yes, you can get lunch, if you go out to the local spot and order something.

Congratulation! With the kid AND his smiling. Mine is 21 months and he lately picked up saying "OH SHIT" all the time. Plus when I'm out on the streets with him he points around saying "MEISJES!"

You got yourself a little player

My sons name is Jack. A friends Dutch 3 year old cant say Jack so calls him "Baby Gek" instead!

cracks me up each time.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Up High:

1. I've quit smoking (Damn, I'm fiendin').

2. I was invited recently to revise-and-resubmit a research article I submitted to Personnel Psychology, a top journal in my field (sure beats a rejection!).

3. I've lost 10 pounds (gettin' on the treadmill related).

4. I received a huge, multi-year Law School Admission Council dataset from a colleague for a study I'll work on this summer.

5. I've finally recovered from food poisoning that occurred last Saturday (Cousin's Subs chicken giordano sandwich-related).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

1. It's Friday, batches!

2. My on-the-side design business is growing by referrals. I got two new jobs this weekend.

3. Six months of marriage has been fun!

4. Lining up trips to Chicago, New Orleans, and Puerto Rico this summer.

5. Getting back into going to the gym.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Above the Clouds
    1. Baby #2 will be born any day now.
    2. Jobby job just finished a survey of competitive rates for my position and they decided that they should pay me more, can't come at a better time.
    3. Jobby Job is paying for me to go to PR for a conference in July and I get the weekend there off.
    4. Supportive friends and family rule, everyone is healthy and happy.
    5. Spring cleaning in effect, its time to rid the house of clutter and go down memory lane.

Sea level
    1. Rain in the forecast means no records at the flea tomorrow

add Toronto to the list and you're talking non-stop fun!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    1. it's friday
    2. i just came back from work and i'm half-naked right now.
    3. i'm about to eat sub-way.
    4. plans to see my "art friend", and drink with her tonight.
    5. next week, i'm going to CHI to see my girl.

Stacks,

1. I've quit smoking (Damn, I'm fiendin').
    3. I've lost 10 pounds (gettin' on the treadmill related).

this and this, go hand in hand. (well maybe not the weight-loss part, but the exercise). i've been on and off with smoking after i quit full-time work, but i'm laying off ciggs again. and i feel better.

please to report the following with a very entertainer thread.

haha. "art friend" is really just a friend. she's got pretty good talent too.
    Audrey Kawasaki

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Tell me more...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    1. I'm going to see De La Soul tonight.
    2. The first weekend in a bout a month where I have a free saturday, I am chilling drinking freshly brewed coffee, listening to Stakes Is High & posting.
    3. Getting to hang out with my youngest sis at De La tonight, she turns 20 on Sunday.
    4. New band, feels nice to be playing again.
    5. Clarence Carter, how solid are this dude's 60s-70s 45s? I am lovin' them.
    5th equal. I have holidays coming up in 2.5 weeks, yessss.

Tell me more...

i have a short hair coming out my nipple.

add Toronto to the list and you're talking non-stop fun!

Why not, I need to cram as much travel as I can before the folks start screaming for some grandchildren. Apparently kitties don't count.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

haha. "art friend" is really just a friend. she's got pretty good talent too.
    Audrey Kawasaki

Checked her site out and she's talented for sure!! Really like her work. Thankd for the link!

1. - 5. I know living in warm climes has its advantages, but there is nothing like the arrival of warm Spring weather after a Canadian winter (though this one was very mild). Still, the smell of the air, the different feel of the sun, the hyacinths, crocuses, daffodils and tulips at the corner stores, the elevated moods, the girls in their smart, new outfits, the buds on the trees.... sigh .

It's lovely and wonderful.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    the girls in their smart thoughtless, new outfits... sigh.

~the University version~