OMG UCLA

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
What did I just see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

HOW COULD THEY FALL APART LIKE THAT!!!!??????
    what the fuckk????????
    terrible last shot by morrison. fadeaway 18 footer?

that west virginia texas game was crazy too. gotttttttam!!!!!!!

• What a great night of basketball (not hurt by the fact that all results helped my bracket...)

That UCLA shit was crazy, though...ANd, to be fair to morrison, he didn't take that terrible last second shot. Batista. But, Morrison started crying with like 4 seconds left. C'mon! Buck up, and win that fucking basketball game, Playa of the Year!

Either way...What a night. Best sporting event in the country.

What a great night of basketball (not hurt by the fact that all results helped my bracket...)

That UCLA shit was crazy, though...ANd, to be fair to morrison, he didn't take that terrible last second shot. Batista. But, Morrison started crying with like 4 seconds left. C'mon! Buck up, and win that fucking basketball game, Playa of the Year!

Either way...What a night. Best sporting event in the country.

great ball tonight, no doubt.

that last thing by batista was a prayer, not a shot.
    i'm talking about morrison took a terrible last shot on their last half court set. didnt understand it. but i guess if he makes, he's the fucking man

he didnt have a very inspiring look on his face in the last few seconds, either.
    wanted so much to root for a scruffy trailer park looking coook, but he didnt amaze me in the couple zag games i saw.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    seriously, i really lucked out there. during the first half i thought i was a moron for having them in the final four. the ncaa eats the nba's soul when it comes to drama!

best year evar (i say this every year)

Best sporting event in the country.

• the real goat is raivio. ucla went up by one w/ 9.5 secs left. raivio gets the inbounds, in front of morrison, streaks up the court and ends up falling down cos he's so out of control. morrison should have brought the ball up the court there. that was plenty of time. i hate it for him, i really do, but you can't be crying like that while theirs free throws bein shot and time left on the clock. bummer. props to ucla tho. memphis and ucla are both real solid, and it wouldn't surprise me if one of them takes it down.

yeah that was real sloppy.

LSU and memphis look real bouncy and dangerous

but its nova all the way!!!

• Gonzaga, shoulda done nothing, I've been quiet on the NCAA but fuck it UCLA is the TRUTH!

Morrison, I'll be checkin for you on the knicks in about 6 months

does morrison have one more year?

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    does morrison have one more year?

yeah morrison is a junior. he's probably going pro though.

as a ucla fan since 75 i'm not going to gloat but god damn...that shit was sick! i even turned off the tv after they fell behind by 17.

i don't think ravio is necessarily a goat i just thought mbah a moute just made a great play. i've never seen a guy actually take the guys dribble out of the air like that. wicked.

this goes down with the 17 point comeback in the sweet 16 against iowa state and 95 title as greatest ucla moments in my life.

don't think they are going to win though against memphis

it's called pacing yourself. like in long distance track races. the first guy jumps out to a big lead but burns himself out by the end of the race the guy in second place just jumps up ahead for the easy win.

oh and my brackets are shit all 4 of my final four teams are gone.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

damn, i missed it. i heard he cried. I hope he still gets drafted.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I live in West Los Angeles, and I kinda liked their basketball program (and bandwagoned) when the O'bannon brothers took the championship. Since then, i've checked on 'em occasionally, but they've been CHOKING every year since.

Never really liked 'em, but THEY ARE PLAYING DEFENSE THIS YEAR. they had Gonzaga on LOCK DOWN late in the game. COLLISSON WAS THE CATALIST FOR THE UCLA OFFENSE. as was that dude Lazare or whatever for LSU. if they keep it up, they'll make it to the L.

UCLA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (HELL YEA BANDWAGON BABY)

next round is gonna be even tougher for these young ones though.

the ncaa eats the nba's soul when it comes to drama!

you're right for the most part but don't discount the true games of the league playoffs. (elite matchups and conference finals)

damn, i missed it. i heard he cried. I hope he still gets drafted.

he cried before the game ended. emotional player and a great one. but he's not gonna get away with pushing the defender away with his off-hand in the NBA.

• he cried before the game ended. emotional player and a great one. but he's not gonna get away with pushing the defender away with his off-hand in the NBA.

His crying before the game ended was what bugged me the most...love him or hate him, Christian Laettner was probably the best college player ever (Line vs. Kentucky in that one Reg. Final: 10-10 FG; 10-10 FT; 1 dude stomped). If his team was down 2 with 2 seconds on the clock, he would NOT be crying...He would be figuring out how he was going to beat you. Same goes for all the truly great ones. Can't let your emotions get in the way like that.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

he cried before the game ended. emotional player and a great one. but he's not gonna get away with pushing the defender away with his off-hand in the NBA.

His crying before the game ended was what bugged me the most...love him or hate him, Christian Laettner was probably the best college player ever (Line vs. Kentucky in that one Reg. Final: 10-10 FG; 10-10 FT; 1 dude stomped). If his team was down 2 with 2 seconds on the clock, he would NOT be crying...He would be figuring out how he was going to beat you. Same goes for all the truly great ones. Can't let your emotions get in the way like that.

yea, i appreciate his emotion, but his team was down by one point with time to get a shot off...not the perfect time to have a mental break-down.

Any chance Jordan Farmar is related to John Leguizamo?

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    Gonzaga, shoulda done nothing, I've been quiet on the NCAA but fuck it UCLA is the TRUTH!

did you watch the first half???

btw, anyone else hear that unbeleivably annyoing screaming that started every single time ucla brought the ball up the floor? there were at least two screamers - must've been right by some mic or something - and they somehow kept it up for most of the entire game. please tell me someone else heard this?!?

i'm gonna take texas over lsu and memphis over ucla.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

I heard that screaming. Kind of a low to high whine.

I fell asleep during the Zag-UCLA game.
    I can't believe the Bruins won. That's insane.
    They were soft as a nun's nipple in the first half.

• I fell asleep during the Zag-UCLA game.

I just got off the phone with my friend, who put it best...

"I went to bed with my brackets in shambles. And woke up in first place."

Gonzaga, shoulda done nothing, I've been quiet on the NCAA but fuck it UCLA is the TRUTH!

did you watch the first half???

btw, anyone else hear that unbeleivably annyoing screaming that started every single time ucla brought the ball up the floor? there were at least two screamers - must've been right by some mic or something - and they somehow kept it up for most of the entire game. please tell me someone else heard this?!?

that shit is really annoying. i was at a ucla game one time against kansas and there were these two kansas fans behind me screaming right in my ear the whole game. i had this ringing in my ear for about 2 or 3 weeks after that. in fact the weird shit is i still get this ringing in my ear years later.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I fell asleep during the Zag-UCLA game.

I woke up and there was three minutes to play in the Texas-West Virginia game. An excellent twenty to thirty minutes of basketball followed.

Gonzaga flat folded. Ronzio ran the ball up the court and lost control, Morrison took bad shots down the stretch, they turned the ball over two or three times in the final minute. You can get away with that against teams like Santa Clara, but not in the sweet sixteen.

After watching the second half of the Duke game, LSU is my new favorite team. Ferocious front-line defense is just fun to watch.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

We have your pick. I think Adam "Simeon" Morrison deserves the #3 more than Tyson "You Cannot Be Serious" Chandler.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    Well after the devastating loss against uCONN, i'm down to my last team in the tourney...UCLA. Please refs don't screw me tonight, this should be a good one.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Bruins going strong so far in the first quarter. I hope they keep it up!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Bruins going strong so far in the first quarter. I hope they keep it up!

No doubt

however LSU

Big Baby for 3..good!

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    Well after the devastating loss against uCONN, i'm down to my last team in the tourney...UCLA. Please refs don't screw me tonight, this should be a good one.

Wow I was suprised how much Memphis struggled, then again that UCLA D....Oh yeah, UCLA going to the final 4

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Props to UCLA for beating a very good Memphis squad. But man they are practically unwatchable. Reminds me of the Ralph Miller slow down style at Oregon State cicra 1982. Boring as hell. I'm rooting for Big Baby. Fat dudes gotta stick together.

But man they are practically unwatchable.

no shit. the only people that enjoy watching that are bruin fans (when they win). iheard home games get kind of ugly though, people asleep in the aisles and shit. there d did clamp down on them and i'm very happy.

Go Bruins !!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    But man they are practically unwatchable.

no shit. the only people that enjoy watching that are bruin fans (when they win). iheard home games get kind of ugly though, people asleep in the aisles and shit. there d did clamp down on them and i'm very happy.

Go Bruins !!

LOL

Go Bruins indeed.