50 doesn't respect the "local Black experience?!"

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
From HipHopSite.com: (Cut 'n paste didn't work.)

Comments

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    pot to kettle, come in kettle

black; i repeat, black.

over.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I'm just glad that no one is imitating G-Unit. Think about what that would do to the overall quality of hip hop music.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    sure it's the pot talking bout the kettle,

but this is pretty relevant. this is the dude who performed (lord knows exactly how much control he had over) a tune called "in da club" , talking about hip hop that is lowering the game. he isn't saying this for no reason. there must be some evidence.

what tune do you think moved him to say this?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    In the comming years I hope he makes a sequel to his weak ass movie. It should be called "SuperEgo:The Rise and Fall of 50 Cent". He could base it off of Scarface. And again no one will see it.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

black; i repeat, black.

over.

I'm just glad that no one is imitating G-Unit. Think about what that would do to the overall quality of hip hop music.

what a cock.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dunno, he did make some good points.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    50 makes well-crafted, well-produced pop songs. He has been making hits steadily for years now.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    A lot of the music that comes out of the East is kind of narcissistically gay and I think it's kinda 'cause we just want to bend over backwards and suck our own dicks," he explained. "We don't wanna think about what we just contradicted ourselves on as far as being straight ... We really don't make sense, but we make sense in a closeted way and we just wanna fag out to something while we're actually partying and it works for us. But when we don't take the time to make it the most overtly homosexual music possible, it hurts the actual hip-hop [genre]. People wanna make music they can get away with as opposed to the best possible gay music they can make.

Dude just seems to talk out of his ass from time to time, just to get attention and apparently it works realyl well for him.

I haven't played a 50 single since P.I.M.P.

Dude is just awful. Not that many people here are feeling his brand of simplistic rap.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Dude just seems to talk out of his ass from time to time, just to get attention and apparently it works realyl well for him.

Basically--this is no different from his comments lauding Bush and criticizing Kanye.

It's also funny that by far the best dude in his camp is the lone southern rapper.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    "Get Rich Or Die Tryin - Just Don't Hurt The Hip-Hop (Genre) Or Cause Confusion Among Artists That Don't Have Their Own Direction At That Point."

Maybe his next album, or at least next interview, should be called "Quit While You're Ahead."

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

black; i repeat, black.

over.

No shit. Candy Shop.

what tune do you think moved him to say this?

The entire Ying Yang Twins catalog? I wonder if THEY know it's "Yin" not "Ying"...

Its like Keanu Reeves saying "well, Anakins acting in the new Star Wars has been pretty wooden... I think its really bringing down acting as a whole."

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Its like Keanu Reeves saying "well, Anakins acting in the new Star Wars has been pretty wooden... I think its really bringing down acting as a whole."

• Dude just seems to talk out of his ass from time to time, just to get attention and apparently it works realyl well for him.

...funny that by far the best dude in his camp is the lone southern rapper.

I'm shocked, surely I thought you had love for Harlem world

• Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
    Yeah, he's throwing stones at a glass house, BUT, he's got a good point. Someone else should say this shit. More importantly, NY rappers should step their game up.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yeah, he's throwing stones at a glass house, BUT, he's got a good point. Someone else should say this shit. More importantly, NY rappers should step their game up.

Someone should say what?

That career haters should move past thinking that Southern rap is defined by just the worst case scenarios that can be selectively dredged up to support pre-conceived notions of blind hate and recognize that a Chamillionaire or a Z-Ro or a Chalie Boy wields a gang of obvious talent superior to that being displayed by their own East Coast best case scenarios.

Yeah, you're right. That should be said.

That dude fell off before he retired--he never should have come back.

Was he ever on?

Was he ever on?

His first album is a classic. Bring the hate.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

HI-LARIOUS! This, and the thread title both get an A+ from me!

Was he ever on?

His first album is a classic. Bring the hate.

I can't lie. I never listened. I dismissed dude on the "strength" of his singles.

• 50 makes well-crafted, well-produced pop songs. He has been making hits steadily for years now.

[reynaldo]sales=talent [/reynaldo]

50 makes well-crafted, well-produced pop songs. He has been making hits steadily for years now.

He is very talented at making pop songs.

Dre is very talented at making pop songs.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

"you wasn't welcome in the first place, how we welcome you back?"
    when he was on, dude was one of the best to do the late 90's jiggy/party sylee.

• Dude just seems to talk out of his ass from time to time, just to get attention and apparently it works realyl well for him.

when he was on, dude was one of the best to do the late 90's jiggy/party sylee.[/b]

IMO: When club hip-hop kinda sucked. I think a lot of songs from that era have aged poorly. My theory is that they where still wokring out the kiks of making "hot club" records. Now a lot more shit to me is straight on point.

when he was on, dude was one of the best to do the late 90's jiggy/party sylee.[/b]

IMO: When club hip-hop kinda sucked. I think a lot of songs from that era have aged poorly. My theory is that they where still wokring out the kiks of making "hot club" records. Now a lot more shit to me is straight on point.

You're just mad that back then you couldn't get no escada.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

all club records 'age poorly'. rap changes so quickly that the only way for an old record to sound current is if that particular style is in vogue again. right now the insto for "jam master jay" sounds like it's current. during the late 90's it wouldn't have.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

This is redonkulous. It implies that rappers first started getting interested in making "hot club records" in the late 90s which is patently redonkular.

-e