Anyone heard of Stanton Warriors?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
These cats...

Comments

• yes, why do you ask?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    They look sensitive. Is the guy on the left a Pelon fan?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    yes, why do you ask?

Cause I just got a call about how these guys are all hyped to meet me in Miami this weekend. I don't know them so I don't want to be like "Yeah... um... yeah... uhh..."

• yes, why do you ask?

Cause I just got a call about how these guys are all hyped to meet me in Miami this weekend. I don't know them so I don't want to be like "Yeah... um... yeah... uhh..."

Ahh, well I do't know them personally, just through magazines and such. But fuck it, youre gonna be in Miami. Worry bout some beautiful sun, women, and fun.

Make tthem Stanton dudes buy you a drink too

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Ahh, well I do't know them personally, just through magazines and such...

Are they DJs of some sort?

• yes
    heres their webpage
    http://www.stantonwarriors.com/

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah man.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    stanton and dj just don't go together well. Just my opinion...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah man.

My suitcases is packed and I'm goin' on a trip

True indeed Gawd

Just caught a flight from home to LAX to save mad time tomorrow and it

is

on.

holler

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    stanton and dj just don't go together well. Just my opinion...

"Stanton Warriors" is actually what it says on all the manhole covers in London. These dudes are generic UK breaks djs with decent technical skills.

Pretty sure I saw them a few years ago but I have no distinct recollection.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I remember reading about these guys in some magazine. They did an unofficial Missy Elliot remix a couple years back that got decent recognition, although I never heard it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Woah

That dude was in my store today.

Good thing Justin wasn't there

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Woah

That dude was in my store today.

Good thing Justin wasn't there

I can see it now...

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    They are pretty nice on the decks if your into breaks. Ive seen them play and it was definately above the calibre of your average dj's, but i wouldn't go out of my way to see them

They did a remix of "wheres your head at" which is pretty nice. Hit me on pm's if you want an mp3 posted. Otherwise i think it should be pretty easy to get on slsk.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Pasty white dudes sweat these dudes, "look, they just played another 130 bpm break track with a synthitic bassline.. wow, amazing"

Review of a dj set

Stanton Warriors review from bbc

" One half of acclaimed production and remix duo Stanton Warriors touched down in Southampton last week to play a late-night set at Mono, the city's funkiest new hangout. Ben Mitchell was there to see him, but did Dominic B cut the mustard?

Southampton seems to be a notoriously difficult crowd to please. High standards, an unquenchable and exclusive affection for Hip-Hop, and too few quality gigs are all contributory factors to the apathy that often greets musicians when they venture south to play in the city.

But the first thing I noticed during a live DJ set by Dominic B of the Stanton Warriors at Mono last week was the atmosphere.

The place was on fire. Rarely have I seen so many happy faces at a Southampton gig. Within minutes of Mr B launching into a set of high-quality breaks and turntable fireworks, the crowd had erupted into a seething, stomping mass of happy faces. Perfect.

The Stanton Warriors have been making a name for themselves in recent years as purveyors of quality dance music and remixers to the stars, including Missy Elliott and Basement Jaxx, and Dominic B showed just why they are held in such high esteem.

He showed off a smooth mixing style as he seamlessly blended silky electro into blistering house and chunky beats, and within an hour, the crowd were intoxicated.

Make no mistake, this is a man who knows how to make a crowd listen, and the capacity turnout at Mono was no different. The party atmosphere did not relent and soon the dark Southampton streets just outside seemed a world away.

Support on the night came from Scissorkicks who also put in a storming set, oozing with crisp breaks and a generous helping of slick house. His performance showed just how much the city misses out on top-quality support talent, but it was just a relief not to have to endure yet another interminably dull set from Defikew.

But this night belonged to someone else, and by the time Dominic B climbed down from the DJ booth, the crowd were his."

WTF is high-quality breaks and (turntable fireworks) do flames shoot out from the tables???

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I just had deja vu.

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts

Make tthem Stanton dudes buy you a drink too