Any good places to sell a broken turntable?

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I have a virtually brand new Numark TTX-1 digital turntable with the tone arm and its base broken almost completely off (it's still attached by a thin electrical wire). It was an ebay deal gone bad (silly bitch mailed this shit upside down in a box with no padding or anything, then they disappeared from the face of the earth). I've had this thing a couple years now just sitting around heavy and broken. It will cost me $150 or so tofix it. The deck is only worth 3-400 brand new. What should I do with this thing? Is there anybody who would buy it even for $100 or something? It's a great turntable if you have the resources to fix it. Nobody in my area fixes these and shipping costs as much as repair, almost. Any suggestions?

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I know vintage TTs can be sell for parts, like some Thorens parts going for some money, but I don't know if this applies for "modern" turntables.

If it is a direct drive, keep it and make a DIY record cleaning machine:

DIY RCM

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Put it on ebay (it would certainly sell that I couldn't tell you for how much) or take it to a pawn shop...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

i might have to try that.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Yeah a pawn shop ain't gonna give me shit for it. maybe 30 bucks. It's clearly broken. I might just try and go the ebay route. i styill might only get 30 dollars. i guess it's better than nothing though..

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    just suck it up