excited by records again....

djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
and most

Comments

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts

Who's this? Bubba Thomas?

• Nice scores! I love that AIR record behind the Impressions.

• yup.

Simply amazing to chill with a dude like that and watch "Jazz is Alive in Houston" circa 1972 on VHS. Whoa.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    KICKASS on both counts!!

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    yup.

Simply amazing to chill with a dude like that and watch "Jazz is Alive in Houston" circa 1972 on VHS. Whoa.

Sounds like good times. What's the man been up to all these years?

Congrats on scores as well! Love that Modulations LP.

• he's a grandpa. he gigs all the time, he told us that he played 47 gigs in feb. he just finished a book about the inequality of afirmitive action as it relates to college athletics.

he's a healthy and happy dude. I wish I could say the same. I caught a flu running through Houston.

It was an amazing day though. Met Bubba, met Conrad O. Johnson and family, and then had BBQ dinner with Leon Mitchison.

• Nice scores! I love that AIR record behind the Impressions.

get at me if you see something you need in those pics. serious offers only.

I need a little money for the Austin Record Show so I'm going to let a few of these slide.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    wow, nice finds!
    what do you think of that Orlando Marin record?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    yup.

Is this something you can get a copy of, CoolHands? 70s Jazz video freaks need to know. feel free to PM me.

I would ask how things have been but it seems like lately you been having a pretty good go!

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Thanks! I've never actually seen the cover to that Joanne Garrett LP. I cherish my beat-up sleeveless copy. Definately the kind of thing to keep one excited about records.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    hi!

• wow, nice finds!
    what do you think of that Orlando Marin record?

pretty straight latin piece, i have to give it a closer listen.

• yup.

Is this something you can get a copy of, CoolHands? 70s Jazz video freaks need to know. feel free to PM me.

I would ask how things have been but it seems like lately you been having a pretty good go!

The videos are in the process of being reissued on DVD. Hold tight, some amazing stuff.

Things are good here. Hoping to get some $$ for the records I've bought lately at the show. I have a table with nrich.

How's D.C.? I still want to come through someday. I might have except my sister decided to get married this summer which killed some of my summer travel plans.

• hey urrs,

good to see you at SXSW. make sure to holler when y'all come back through on your tour.