SHOULD i JOIN MYSPACE?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I feel like I'm the last of the Mohecans not having a MySpace account. If I needed to get laid, I would have joined up a long time a go... But since I'm a happiliy married man with a problem web site, I have overlooked the place (thinking it was a spot for 17 year olds and sexual predators...) But I see that Peanut Butter Wolf even has a my space account. Should I get up on there and promote Soulstrut? Will you be my friend (sign my guestbook) if I do decide to join?

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Raj, don't do it. I've had a mypsace account for four days and I'm addicted. Already I've been propositioned by beardedd and mcdee. Mylatency refuses to add me as a friend. The drama!

A little more seriously, I was a fool not to create a profile years ago. It's been a pleasant suprise to learn of the the reach of my radio show and I think myspace will get more folks listening. No doubt this will apply even more so to Soulstrut.

As for sexual prey, there are mabye a dozen woman within 20 miles of where I live. I guess it's more of an urban phenomenon. Fortunately, I still have that offer from beardedd...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I feel like I'm the last of the Mohecans not having a MySpace account. If I needed to get laid, I would have joined up a long time a go... But since I'm a happiliy married man with a problem web site, I have overlooked the place (thinking it was a spot for 17 year olds and sexual predators...) But I see that Peanut Butter Wolf even has a my space account. Should I get up on there and promote Soulstrut? Will you be my friend (sign my guestbook) if I do decide to join?

You should absolutely do it (for the site). I don't hold these things in high esteem as ways to meet people but for business promotion it's invaluable.

www.myspace.com/goodrecordsnyc

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    internet life at its finest! the choice is simple!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

You should absolutely do it (for the site). I don't hold these things in high esteem as ways to meet people but for business promotion it's invaluable.

word.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

co-sign

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    And just think Raj, you might even be admitted into this group. Though I'm not sure you'll qualify. You might need to petition "gyeahhh" for admission.

• montymonty 420 Posts

ADD

BR>BR>
    Generated at MySpaceSupport.com
    Click the picture to view profile![/b]

Add him, because he is a total badass![/b]

And just think Raj, you might even be admitted into this group. Though I'm not sure you'll qualify. You might need to petition "gyeahhh" for admission.

What!? How come no one told me about this. Keeping the moderators out, eh? Hows about i ban you all?

I don't know who half the soulstrut group members are. What's up?

Like this dude:

How come the drum'n'bass heads never represent on the board?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

For real. Check out this SoulStrut Myspace Group Member's page. Not only does he spin d'n'b, have Bob Marley on his page and plays in a band, but he's an

For real. Check out this SoulStrut Myspace Group Member's page. Not only does he spin d'n'b, have Bob Marley on his page and plays in a band, but he's an

Oh shit! How can I become one of those? Do I have to get all flirty with Tom?

I guess

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    You know what I hate about myspace? Member pages that make my browser crash!

yeah..........

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

ADD

BR>BR>

Monty, you blocked me?

Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their acccount has been deleted.

-

How is it going?

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    I feel like I'm SECOND TO the last of the Mohecans not having a MySpace account. If I needed to get laid, I would have joined up a long time a go...

damn, if i was only a single man. pum pum is flying on myspace.

one thing that i've noticed since joining last week, every TAKEN dude i know has at least one girl with a near xxx photo on his FRIENDS section. shit is actually funny.

• montymonty 420 Posts

ADD

BR>BR>

Monty, you blocked me?

Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their acccount has been deleted.

-

How is it going?
    yeah, after 5 invigorating months on myspace, i blocked everybody.

google is still THEspace, and it finds me here where i'm currently running a banner that links to a myspace page. go figure.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    OK... I did it. Don't tell my wife. She thinks Myspace is strictly a sexual predator hang out.

It's crude, but I will elaborate more soon:

http://www.myspace.com/soulstrut

Add me to your buddy list. Tom already did!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Humm... what can I say?

" ??LK?????????????KG??????????N?????NCSKCNZCCN:SQ35XAI ;=(?? "

I hope you're aight.

Paix

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

OK... I did it. Don't tell my wife. She thinks Myspace is strictly a sexual predator hang out.

• montymonty 420 Posts

don't have a buddy list, but you're bookmarked on mybrowser. good luck!

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

I'll put you in my top 8 and you can blow up son.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh for networking its pretty on point...

33third.com Myspace

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    MySpace is a lot of fun...I don't go there to meet people, but the comments/hostility on KFed's page alone makes the value exceed the price for admission.

My best friend from high school "found" me on MySpace, as well as another girl I attended middle school with in Okinawa, Japan...The only weird/stalkerish behavior I've encountered actually came from a SoulStrut member.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    The only weird/stalkerish behavior I've encountered actually came from a SoulStrut member.
    i told you i was sorry about that already!

I made that Soulstrut Myspace group the last time one of these threads went around and I don't think I've checked it since.

Edit: Anyone know how I can give that group leader shit over to RAJ?

• OK... I did it. Don't tell my wife. She thinks Myspace is strictly a sexual predator hang out.

Good move Raj. I wasn't sure at first but, myspace will handle some serious networking. I might never have to hang another flyer in this town. You probablly should have made a music page though. You could put up Strut mixes.

SOULSTRUT TAKING IT TO THE

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    The only weird/stalkerish behavior I've encountered actually came from a SoulStrut member.
    i told you i was sorry about that already!

Oh, I had totally forgotten about our little "incident!" I guess I should have written "SoulStrut members[/b]."

(Only kidding, of course)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hook it up, Raj. As a marketing and promotional tool for your business it's a smart move. Honestly, I made between 4-6 grand off of bookings that came from my page alone last year.

www.myspace.com/cosmobaker

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    c*s*o also has a fan club on myspace

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    My fanclub exists in cyberspace...