panache / sweet music / og check?

seamusseamus 4 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Looking for a small piece of info on this release on Rota Enterprises. Just got my "sold as old" promo copy of it..but it looks suspiciously like a reissue. Too clean. Can anybody tell what their copy (original or reissue) reads in the run off groove?

Comments

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    here's my og:

there's a boot going around that is a white label with green print i think...and the mix is different than the mix on my og...i prefer my mix.

• seamusseamus 4 Posts
    That's the one on Roche..apparently there are two different releases on two labels.

Found this on popsike:

"Rota Enterprises 4000 "Sweet Music" b/w "Sweet Jazz Music" by Panache. 12" is in Mint condition, and looks and plays great.

Infectious and jazzy dancefloor gem by the the well known Northern Soul group Just Brothers, as Panache. Absolutely not a reissue, but an original white label promo of this obscure release, found in a deserted collection of 70's radio station records. Run off groove reads R4000A, and then the capital letters FW, with an etching of a small piece of fruit. This copy differs from the reissues, which have characters crossed off in the runoff."

Crossed off as in removed? Mine doesn't have them..so I guess it's the boot. Damn.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This copy differs from the reissues, which have characters crossed off in the runoff.

Crossed off as in removed? Mine doesn't have them..so I guess it's the boot. Damn.

seamus, it sounds as if the crossed-off characters are ON the reissue, and NOT the original...

• seamusseamus 4 Posts
    Ok, mine reads just R4000A and R4000B, no fruit etchings here