MY "NOW" MUG

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
yeah, so i got mugged last week. haha! it isnt as bad as it sounds. i had my wallet and phone in hand and some dude just grabbed all my stuff out of my hands and ran down the street. funny thing is, the dude tripped and fell and skid across the sidewalk. it was pretty funny. i just walked over and gathered my shit.anyways, some dude from out of nowhere jumps on the dude and the dude is crying cuz his ankle got fucked up from his fall and the cops came and i told them i wasnt gonna press charges cuz i had recovered all my goods.anyways, so i get a call yesterday from the dude who jumped on the guy that mugged me. apparently he owns a corner store right there where i got mugged and this dude that mugged me is always robbing folls right there and has robbed the cornerstore guy and the cornerstore guy is asking me to press charges so that that mugger dude will get locked up. i told him no but i feel bad for the guy cuz he did help me out and im sure it sucks to have some goofball robbing you on the regular. anyways, im thinking of changing my mind. can i do this? should i do this?

Comments

• That's a pretty funny story! Not that you got mugged, but that the dude fell down and you got all your stuff back.

Maybe you should try to find out what kind of criminal record the dude has. If you discover that he repeatedly commits violent crimes on innocent people you'll want to teach him a lesson..

..or not.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Press charges on that clumsy bitch!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    man, it was hecka funny. i actually felt bad for the guy.

anyways, im not trying to teach this guy a lesson, but i dont want to do wrong by the dude that helped me out. that's my only issue. besides, i had $2 in my wallet and i dont even like my cell phone.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    You should charge the dude... maybe it'll clue him into the fact that he's badly in need of finding a different gig. Maybe something he can do. Muggings don't seem to be his thing..

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    if you pressed charges, would you have a say in the punishment? or is that only in those crazy ass murder cases?

i say scare the fuck outta dude and make him do right from now on.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    trust your first instinct hommie.

• Press charges on that bitch! After being robbed twice in 48 hours I have no sympathy for these fools. If he gets off, he'll probablly do it again. LOCK HIM UP!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    robbed twice in 48 hours

in the record shop?? I wonder who would think there's money in record shops haha

or did you get mugged?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I had a similar event, but it was related to a car break in. I'd decided to press charges. But when I was called into court and had to wait 5+ hours on a work day. My civic resposibilities began to dissolve and I stepped out for trip to the goodwill.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

thank you! i think i will.

yeah, the problem i have with pressing charges is the assumption that the california justice system will adequately handle the dude. i think fate did a better job already.

• i dont even like my cell phone.

is that why it is always "hiding" from you?

• robbed twice in 48 hours

in the record shop?? I wonder who would think there's money in record shops haha

or did you get mugged?

I was robbed at the store once. Dude krept up behind me and put a knife to my throat. He made more off my wallet than he did with the cash register.
    Twice in 48 hours...these were both at gunpoint. Got robbed the first night walking from a friends house to the store. 1 block. They took my wallet with my IDs and all the cash I had at the time til next paycheck. Went to work the next day and my boss felt bad and gave me $20. When I got off I felt like having a few drinks and I went down the street to a bar. Got robbed again for my $20 on the side of the building.
    I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR THESE BATCHES!!!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    damn hommie

youre marked

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ive never been mugged.
    ive been "aproached" a lot. maybe when they get close, i usually smell like no dough

oh wait, some gang of kids did take my starter cap on the subway when i was 13.
    hardly a mugging, they passed me, one of them took it off my head and i kept walking, fearing the wrath of the teen hoodlums

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

thank you! i think i will.

yeah, the problem i have with pressing charges is the assumption that the california justice system will adequately handle the dude. i think fate did a better job already.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    shingaling, you need one of these...

or check this out..

or go straight soprano's-style like this...

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    press the charges. i don't like teaching people lessons either. THIS ISN'T THE POINT. fuck cops, fuck the man, who gives a schitt.

if you are down with the corner store man, or just "the man on the street" it is better to press the charges up.

to think about this rationally, maybe that jackass is fucking up the cornerstore man's business and the owner is about to lose his shit. he did you a crazy solid by tackling the guy who mugged you. this day and age, i think that is actually pretty unique. the least you could do is tell the cops your name and report an actual crime, if for no other reason than to hook up cornerstore man for his tackling.

if you want to get irrational try this thought,

if this dude mugs somebody else and takes their shit, fate/karma/hippielaw may hold you responsible.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    This is a tricky gray area

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    You should charge the dude... maybe it'll clue him into the fact that he's badly in need of finding a different gig. Maybe something he can do. Muggings don't seem to be his thing..

Absolutely.

• Options
    Okay I'll post my word...
    This is crystal clear, no gray area at all, about your obligation to press charges. I think the contact made to you by the outside (3rd) party informs you directly of the person AND TYPE OF PEOPLE that you would be aiding...protecting and serving.
    To not press charges after being robbed by a recogize thift and after being called on by a brother/neighbor to implement justice would be impious. Come on.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    To not press charges would be CRIMINAL. Letting it go will certainly not do any good for this cat. This is not some kid who has fucked up for the first time...this is a repeat offender in the same crime. Fuck that...not pressing charges just unleashes this fool yet again. Even thinking about letting this guy go pisses me off.

I once nabbed a dude running down the street after having boosted about 20 Cds from the local store. I didn't tackle him or any such thing, just forcefully told him to stop. Guess what...? He did and almost seemed grateful when I called the cops. I think he was happy for the way out. We sat on a park bench and waited for them to arrive, and he told me about how fucked up his life had been getting. Dude was obviously starting down a long road to getting fucked on some drug/drugs. We talked, had a smoke, and then shook hands when the cops came and took him away. I think I helped the dude, so there is a story that maybe makes clear why this needs to happen.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    what it doin?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    hahahaha!
    Press charges on that clumsy bitch!
    ----