SoulStrut - No Love From Them Other Dudes

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    wonder what that's all about?

I GOT LOVE FOR STONES THROW

In all honesty, despite my probable bias, they really push further than the average "indie rap label". I know I'm gonna get shit for this, but hey, fuck it.
    I will ride for those dudes.

I'm just saying it ain't no thing. We go there and clog up there board when SS is down, so it serves us right I guess.

Not hatting on STMB, just saying. Let 'em live, DJ MARCO

U rock

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Gotta give props to stones throw for

1. putting out monty's record.

2. Being one of the last indie rap labels left alive.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Am I missing something here?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Am I missing something here?

There was a link to the ss board ... then they removed it? This is becoming a place that everybody loves to hate. We the Dallas Cowboys of this Internet game.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    This is becoming a place that everybody loves to hate.

So true, and it's like people think SS it's some sort of entity with it's own life. SoulStrut is what strutters make of it.

BAN THE ENTIRE BOARD FOR A WEEK. "REFLECTION WEEK". TIME TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT.

Or maybe not.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I just thought that after all the comments from STMB residents about how busted the SS board was for always going down, that it was just too ironic and fitting that their home finally fell victim to the same thing.

And lemme clarify - I have no hate for the Stones Throw ORGANIZATION, and in fact hold them in high regard. Their topnotch reissues alone are enough for me to give 'em props.

But the STMB? There's some funny folks on there.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

who's responsible for this ?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

It was some thread awhile ago on here. Peeps all went in on it.

Yeah though, first thought: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Plur - Lakeville, CT

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Plur - Lakeville, CT

http://www.clubct.com/ct_raves.htm

Here's an entry I started and I think Raj and some others tweaked:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulstrut

• PLURPLUR 28 Posts
    Plur - Lakeville, CT

Yo, yO, YO!!!! Tha LAKE n tha house!!!!!!! Reprazent for the CT hardhousegabbakore BREAKZ massiv reprazenting BREAKZ! peeple dont no, butt CT has a deep deeep histry in tha BREAKZ game! tha frst party i ever went 2 wher they had BREAKZ in tha main room was Happy Love Pheeling Phour right outside of Darien, REPRAZENT! Thatz also tha first place i ever tried tha vick vap-o-rub on a surgens mask. I waz at tha massage room and my freind Jenny she told me 2 inhail that stuff and DAMMMMM, tha BREAKZ were larger than life!!! Tha room was spinning and man, i waz so high and tha BREAKZ sounded SO good. I got home at 10 tha next morning and i tried to sneak in through tha servantz entrance. My paretns caut me and sent me away 2 the admiral farragut navel academy, cuz my dad said "all these BREAKZ are for blak people and ur shaming ur family'. I wound up livin in a toolshed in downtown Bridgeport 4 liek a year and the BREAKZ scene was heavy there yo!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

nevermind i just read the whole thread.

i wonder if this had to do with the roots/dilla thread. that thread and the whole discussion of questlove's "mantits" was foul

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    they had a link to the strut right after Jay Dee died, since a lot of folks were talking about it over here. They also had a link for the Let A Heatrock Loose when that was going off.

• I just thought that after all the comments from STMB residents about how busted the SS board was for always going down, that it was just too ironic and fitting that their home finally fell victim to the same thing.

And lemme clarify - I have no hate for the Stones Throw ORGANIZATION, and in fact hold them in high regard. Their topnotch reissues alone are enough for me to give 'em props.

But the STMB? There's some funny folks on there.

With more than 500 posts on the STMB I would consider myself as one of those funny folks over there. We are just as the Soul Strutters a kind of Nerds which are connected through the love of musik. So Stonies and Strutters have a lot in common.

I think that the difference between the boards is that here are a lot of in-jokes and strange humor which I don't really get. For example why does this topic starts with a lot of You allways have the feeling here that you miss out a joke. Thats why I din't dared to post really. At the ST board there is just another humor but the same kind of people (maybe they are slighly less nerdier).

But the STMB gave love to the SSboard with a lot of references and jokes when it broke down from time to time and Strutters were allways welcome at the STMB.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    NEEDED: SOMEONE WITH IKONBOARD AND/OR MYSQL SKILLS
    Contact [email]info@stonesthrow.com[/email]

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    At the ST board there is just another humor but the same kind of people (maybe they are slighly less nerdier).

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

And what's up with this?

Kore7 (Denver CO)
    "Not much competition out here. I got Colfax, Broadway, and Alameda locked down! *Sigh*"

If Colfax, Alameda, and Broadway are the only places you dig, you're missing out on some hot shit. And probably paying way too much for dollarbin joints at Jerry's and Twist. Haha. Who is Kore7? Does he post here?

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Is the identification with the forum you post on so high that the "other" ones are strange or whatever ???

I realy dont get the problem. You love music ?? Cool. You love good music ?? Cool !!! What is good music ??? Ehhh ????

Those stupid discussion about "ehh, this other board is bad, they have so much inside humor" or "Take that shit to the breaks" Fuck it. That allways reminds me of one song from the Westcoast from back in the days.

"We are all in the same gang"

We collect records, we collect music, music is a big part of our life, we dont try to get caught up in this superficial Top 40 mainstream system and thats it.

You read the article about those dudes who collect 78 rpm records from the 20s. 95% of those music will not be intressting for me, but it still got more heart than 95% of thsoe plastic bands that where pressed into the market by the major lables.

I can more relate to a 78 rpm records collector and his passion for Swing than to an 12 year old girl that loves to pump some BEP in here Ipod.

All good.

Hawkeye