Hahaha - Best Interview EVER.... (Necro Related)

Comments

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Nah, he's not really known at all in UK Hip Hop, basically he set up some online radio station that gets a few hundred listeners and gets people like Jeru, Lord Jazz etc... to record shows and then he plays them.
    The funny thing is, he posted up about this interview in the first place, i'm not sure whether he expected such a backlash haha.
    Here's the original post from Mista Montana:

"tune in 10pm UK time tonight for more http://212.72.165.23:9376/listen.pls

let me clarify a few things - yes i admit that my reaction was over the top but i had been on air for 7 hours and we had been involving people who cared about music - who cared about the hard work i do to make the station happen with the names we have.

We'd interviewed bolic, craig g, punch, lowkey, tonedeff and all of them added to our usual friday night of live spittin - live interviews

so far in the 5 weeks we have done the friday 10pm show we have had people like immortal technique, akir, steele, wise intelligent, stylah, wordsworth, jon dough . . the list in endless and we will continue to bring all this because we love hip hop

its entertainment - dont miss another live show we do - be there when things occur - we will continue to bring you the artists we respect. dont let this audio cloud the audio we have of the quality interviews with artists that no other station has interviewed.

respect to lord jazz, pacewon, donald d, jeru n all other true artists that put in time to make www.conspiracyuk.com happen

lets forget this episode and move on

thankyou for your support and to all the artists that have shown us respect and dedication"

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    OMG..................

Wow, they ALL sound like fools.

"That's Racism."

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Dude clowns Necro at the end though..............."fantasy f****** piece of sh**"

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Thanks for re-uping this...will listen to it now!!!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I don't know nothing about either of these dudes but Necro sounds like a backpack rap meathead wannabe thug who can't handle someone actually calling bullshit on him.

And I gotta give Montana props for imitating Necro with a southern accent, whether he realized he was doing it or not.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't know nothing about either of these dudes but Necro sounds like a backpack rap meathead wannabe thug who can't handle someone actually calling bullshit on him.

And I gotta give Montana props for imitating Necro with a southern accent, whether he realized he was doing it or not.

Ah, I see... now you're on the host's side...

Ah, I see... now you're on the host's side...

Ha ha.. well, if the interviewer isn't being an idiot and actually knows something about the artist, I usually AM on their side.

I've interviewed musicians who spend the interview being complete sarcastic assholes (Kevin of Mule/Laughing Hyenas and Krist Novoselic, specifically) and it's no fun. It's like dude, I like your music, I've bought your records, I've come to the interview prepared, I wanna help YOU promote YOUR BAND, I'm not getting paid for this, so why the fucking static? If you didn't wanna do the interview, then why the fuck did you agree to it?

What's funny is that some of the artists you EXPECT to have some asshole-type rockstar attitude are the ones who are most cooperative, friendly, and down to earth. I'm thinking Royal Trux, Thee Hypnotics, The Make-Up, and the OTHER guys in Nirvana.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    dude needs to invest in some compression.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    if the interviewer isn't being an idiot and actually knows something about the artist, I usually AM on their side.

I've interviewed musicians who spend the interview being complete sarcastic assholes (Kevin of Mule/Laughing Hyenas and Krist Novoselic, specifically) and it's no fun. It's like dude, I like your music, I've bought your records, I've come to the interview prepared, I wanna help YOU promote YOUR BAND, I'm not getting paid for this, so why the fucking static? If you didn't wanna do the interview, then why the fuck did you agree to it?

What's funny is that some of the artists you EXPECT to have some asshole-type rockstar attitude are the ones who are most cooperative, friendly, and down to earth. I'm thinking Royal Trux, Thee Hypnotics, The Make-Up, and the OTHER guys in Nirvana.

I agree with this and I've been in similar situations. I feel bad for this guy because at the end of the day Necro is the real dick and this guy didn't really deserve to have his ass shown like this. However, the way I see it, he actually didn't come well prepared for this interview.

I mean, come on, you're interviewing a guy who specializes in gory tales about drugs, violence and sex over doomsday beats. He just might happen to be a real nice and softspoken guy, but there's a big chance he's just a prick. So how are you gonna start off with some geeky questions about 'what makes a great lyrithitht', when you can hear straight away that this is not the vibe he's on.

The guy starts off immediately taking the piss with the whole 'UK bloke' thing and his mates are obviously in the background laughing their asses off. Improvise a little, for gods sake. If he wants to be an asshole, give him some clown back, and not just "boohoo, you're being mean to me". Up your rhetoric game and make him look like the loser if you really feel he's crossing the line. This is your show, you're the boss, act like one. Get out of fanboy mode and make the fool respect you.

• if the interviewer isn't being an idiot and actually knows something about the artist, I usually AM on their side.

I agree with this and I've been in similar situations. I feel bad for this guy because at the end of the day Necro is the real dick and this guy didn't really deserve to have his ass shown like this. However, the way I see it, he actually didn't come well prepared for this interview.

I mean, come on, you're interviewing a guy who specializes in gory tales about drugs, violence and sex over doomsday beats. He just might happen to be a real nice and softspoken guy, but there's a big chance he's just a prick. So how are you gonna start off with some geeky questions about 'what makes a great lyrithitht', when you can hear straight away that this is not the vibe he's on.

The guy starts off immediately taking the piss with the whole 'UK bloke' thing and his mates are obviously in the background laughing their asses off. Improvise a little, for gods sake. If he wants to be an asshole, give him some clown back, and not just "boohoo, you're being mean to me". Up your rhetoric game and make him look like the loser if you really feel he's crossing the line. This is your show, you're the boss, act like one. Get out of fanboy mode and make the fool respect you.

Excellent points, M_Dejean.

I will say this: the only thing worse than a rude interviewee is a boring interviewee. I'll take the former over the latter any day.

My above comments aside, I couldn't agree more. It's not too difficult to figure out when someone's taking the piss, and if your attempts to get the interview on a serious tack don't work, you've usually got two choices: bail out, or play the game just as well or better.

Still, I do dig that Montana went to option three: call out the interviewee's bullshit straight to his face, be relentless about it, and continue talking shit about him even when he's hung up. It's a method that has worked wonderfully for Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, Bill O'Reilly, and Tom Scharpling.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Whats so bad about calling a brit "Bloke"????? I thought thats what they called each other.

Haha, not in that context, Necro was saying "OK, Bloke" "thanks bloke" etc... when it's supposed to be used like "He's a good bloke" or "that bloke over there"...
    It matters little though, as it's not offensive at all and Montana had no need to spaz out on him for it....

• HAHAHA

Yo that interview is too much

"UK Dick", "I worked so hard mahn to get you on...seriously"

Guy can't cope lol...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, where did all that UK dick stuff come from? That Montana dude has sensitivity issues, especially about being British.

I don't know much about necro anyways, but I've heard that he's a dickhead on his own website. That's his schtick... You would think the uberfan radio guy would know this and run with it.

And why did he get so pissed off about turkish music? I thought Falafels were Greek anyways, so what do I know.

• I love the way Mista Montana says "SERIOUSLY!"

B/W

He sounds asshurt.

Bottom line is that the bloke is just too to handle a St. Patricks Day-tipsy Brutus who is more in the mood for joking around than talking about some boring internerdy hiphop blahblah. He should have just gone with the flow and dropped some falafel knowledge and played some Boris Manco braeks and all would have been good. You would expect someone who is used to dealing with rappers to have grown thicker skin.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    that is hilarious... i do feel kinda bad for the interviewer, but he might want to think about a different career path if that's how he reacts when people are being dicks to him... i was rolling when he started yelling, i really wish i had been listening to that live

do you think the o-dub/jean grae phone conversation went anything like that?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Piece of new york SHIT!

Guy needs to calm down... 'Im Tim Westwood now'

Lets start the interview again please... Want did you think would happen with necro.

Murder your family.. right were live...

Wow!

Never had sex in his life...

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    anybody who has allegedly spent mad time listening to necro should be crying.

he is the dennis leary of indy hip hop.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    anybody who has allegedly spent mad time listening to necro should be crying.

he is the dennis leary of indy hip hop.

I was thinking more like Bobcat Goldwaithe

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I rarely save flyers but this one I had to keep!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dude, he triple dared him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bloodcellbloodcell 208 Posts
    can i get a reup on this please?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    If I had to fault a few artists that make indie rap fucking terrible it's this dude. And what's sad, is that this dude has a strong legion of fans and is probally making okay money for his type of music. But somehow some dude who eats off of fangoria frat rap is mad at the south for making music that is hitting? GTFOOHWTBS!

can i get a reup on this please?

Here ya go:

necro interview 03-18-06.mp3 - 18.44MB

Still incredibly funny.

• Necro is tough.

Haha, glad this got bumped, still makes me laugh...

• DJ_ObelixDJ_Obelix 55 Posts
    got give mr montana some respect he runs his internet radio and will give anyone willing to put in the work a slot. i feel kind of sorry for him cos everytime ive dealt with him hes been pretty cool and it just seems that he had an opportunity to interview someone he rates and it just happens that person is necro and thus he got burned... a pinch of salt wouldnt have gone a miss me thinks.