richmond record show review pix

2»

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    montrealites

I thought Quebfrogs had good taste in cold cuts and bread?

Quebfrogs. I like that.

Admittedly, I only spent five years in Quebec, so take the following opinion with a grain of salt.

A visit to Montreal will reveal that Quebec has a rich and unique culture which is at times tremendously refined. Walking through the city you will be charmed by bistros, chic restaurants, shops, and cafes. If you're so minded, you'll enjoy the the galleries, theatres, and concert venues. Montreal sure is great!

On your second visit, or maybe your third, you decide to venture out of the downtown. Maybe you're looking for a record shop off the beaten path or you've got friends who live on the south shore. Regardless, you venture into the Island's suburbs or, better yet, Laval or Longeuil (to say nothing of the rest of the province). You will quickly find yourself amongst people thrilled with wonderbread, disgusting cold cuts, and processed cheese. In Montreal, people refer to mullets as a coup longeuil after the suburb which made it famous. This should give you some idea of the real character of the province. I'm not making a value judgement here, although I won't hide that wonderbread and the values it embodies are not my bag, I'm merely trying to convey that the majority of Quebeckers are not what you see when you get down in Montreal. They like Celine Dion, they're not so tolerant of differences, the pour maple syrup of white bread and call it dessert, and they get drunk and go snowmobiling (although this happens everywhere in Canada).
    get you laid.