Soft Machine S/T Spinning Disk Cover?

goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
So I just got this in the mail and I'm pretty happy with the overall condition since I didn't pay that much for it, but I have a question...Does anyone know whether the spinning disk inside the cover is supposed to be connected or enclosed in the cover somehow? On mine, the disk and the photo behind slide right out, so although the disk spins fine it's all sort of loose.Is this everyone else's experience?Just curious... Thanks.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The wheel should be attached to the sleeve, and spin inside it ala Zep III

Though you often see them messed up

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    The wheel should be attached to the sleeve, and spin inside it ala Zep III

Though you often see them messed up

Thanks DigDug - I thought so!

But I cannot see any indication of a center hole punch that would hold it all together.

The only other thing I can think of is that the edge of the front cover should be sealed rather than open, which would hold the wheel inside.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Prize czech?

I plan to put both my copies on the 'bay. Not at the same time of course.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Prize czech?

I plan to put both my copies on the 'bay. Not at the same time of course.

You know, it used to be a $15-30 item...

But when I was last checking the 'bay (this would be probably two years ago) I got aggy cuz it was fetching $30-45... I've still only got a reish

So I guess I'm saying run a completed items search

I got mine from $15.
    As you read, it's with the spinning cover, although the edge is opened (maybe a VG/VG+ since otherwise it is quite nice?).
    Side one is very clean, I'd say Ex.
    Side two has a shallow scratch along several of the tracks which I haven't play tested yet but doesn't look too bad.
    Usually I see them go for $20-$30, and sometimes if the condition is just right and you get a couple of good bites, for as much as $50.

I just looked back and saw that I actually only paid $11.50 for this!
    I'm even happier...

By the way, I just got through both sides and this shit's pretty damn enjoyable!