Strange Fruit Porject, Whats this all about????

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Strange Fruit Porject is this going to be dope? What's it all about and when an who's involved???

Comments

• Pretty dope groups outta Texas just got signed OM Hip-Hop. There first single "All The Way" was one of my fav. joints a few years ago.

S1 did a LP with this dude Iillmind for BBE last year that was pretty decent.

Strange Fruit "All The Way"

KUFI[/b]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    They work with a few people of mine. I can't lie, I like SFP.

Waco, Tx, home of david koresh, dr. pepper and now SFP.

• OM Hip-Hop.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    Just listened to the track and I'm feeling it. Nice to hear hip hop coming out of the South not all synthed out with 808 booms. Sounds are real smooth, I like the production, reminds me of Dilla. Sorry for the comparison, just the first person i thought of. The singing reminds me of Common's "Nag Champa"
    Feelin it.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Strange fruit have been around for a while. They have two albums and a couple of 12"s out.
    I dig their brand of soulful hip hop texas style. Illmind did a few beats for them pretty dope all round.

Nice to hear hip hop coming out of the South not all synthed out with 808 booms.

• JazoistJazoist 78 Posts
    sounds ok, the instrumental part, just the 'potatoe in mouth' rap part is so so, can do however for a quick background track. There should be music like this somewhere, I'm quite sure.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    Nice to hear hip hop coming out of the South not all synthed out with 808 booms.

Just a nice change, I like the synth stuff too

Image hosting by Photobucket

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    the Soul Travelin album is worth checking out. wicked bleepy basslines, dope synths and rhymes.

...and for those that are feelin' the SFP sound, make sure to peep Jneiro Jarel's, "3 Piece Puzzle" album.

one.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    OM Hip-Hop.

ha!

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    OM Hip-Hop.

you and Double K released four albums with OM. What happened?

btw, O.S.T. and Question in the Form...straight fire!

one.

make sure to peep Jneiro Jarel's, "3 Piece Puzzle" album.

This guy came outta Houston, but regardless of who I ask, no one knew him before this album came out. I guess a move to NY helped dude out more than a lil bit.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I like Strange Fruit, they've got some soothed out shit. I read (I think HipHopSite) thatthey're going to be working with quite a few producers and I am a little skeptical about that part cuz I really dig their production... But I'm still looking forward to the release...

• I like Strange Fruit, they've got some soothed out shit. I read (I think HipHopSite) thatthey're going to be working with quite a few producers and I am a little skeptical about that part cuz I really dig their production... But I'm still looking forward to the release...

yup jake and 9th are doing the first single.

JNero Jarel:

pretty good albun, but I know in like 3 years it's going to sound like all the other dudes who where biting premier at the time (crazy . Except jarel is biting DIlla. )

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I like Strange Fruit, they've got some soothed out shit. I read (I think HipHopSite) thatthey're going to be working with quite a few producers and I am a little skeptical about that part cuz I really dig their production... But I'm still looking forward to the release...

JNero Jarel:

pretty good albun, but I know in like 3 years it's going to sound like all the other dudes who where biting premier at the time (crazy . Except jarel is biting DIlla. )

I love Jneiro so I may be bias but i dont think would say biting dilla he was inspired by freer range creative stuff (aka dilla)

It will be interesting to see how these guy's wind up down the road but biting premo sets up more boundaries than 'biting' dilla these guys are travellin experimenting and all over the place. We will see what happens.

www.myspace.com/labelwho has good jneiro samples

also his move to philly helped him out but he always shouts out H-town

• make sure to peep Jneiro Jarel's, "3 Piece Puzzle" album.

This guy came outta Houston, but regardless of who I ask, no one knew him before this album came out. I guess a move to NY helped dude out more than a lil bit.

I talked to Cozmos a while back, and he referenced Jneiro as his homeboy. So I guess there's one. Then again, Coz was up in BK for a bit, so maybe they know of each other from up here, and not from Texas days. All I know about Jneiro is that he bigs up Hiram Clarke a lot, and he's getting religious love on SG and LNS out in Houston these days.

• I like Strange Fruit, they've got some soothed out shit. I read (I think HipHopSite) thatthey're going to be working with quite a few producers and I am a little skeptical about that part cuz I really dig their production... But I'm still looking forward to the release...

JNero Jarel:

I love Jneiro so I may be bias but i dont think would say biting dilla he was inspired by freer range creative stuff (aka dilla)

It will be interesting to see how these guy's wind up down the road but biting premo sets up more boundaries than 'biting' dilla these guys are travellin experimenting and all over the place. We will see what happens.

www.myspace.com/labelwho has good jneiro samples

also his move to philly helped him out but he always shouts out H-town

I'm not even going to begin to talk about the more straight forward hip-hopbeats ,obvious Dilla mimicking (the brazillian beat was one of the best tracks on there) but I mean even how dude raps (sounding like Dilla, Baatin, T3). Even when he does those little punch outs before each verse.