Modern Classical/Ethnic blah blah 4 trade FOLKWAYS

schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
edited May 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Provocative Electronics LP (Electronic Constructions on Traditional Forms [don't know what that means] recorded at Catholic University's electronic lab in the 1970sMilton Babbitt - Philomel/Roger Sessions - Piano Sonata No. 3 LPMax Neuhaus - Electronics and Percussion, 5 Realizations (pieces by Bussotti, Earle Brown, Stockhausen, Morton Feldman, Cage)3 different records by Harry Pussy (heads know or whatever)Terry Riley - In C LP (Columbia Masterworks issue)George Crumb - Black Angels/John Cage/String Quartet in Four Parts. Beautiful record on Turnabout, I just have two copiesThe African Mbria - music of the shona people of Rhodesia LP Explorer seriesIndian Street Music - The Bauls of Bengal LP explorer seriesExotic Sounds of the Japanese Bamboo Flute real nice recordSound Forms for Piano - with pieces by John Cage, Henry Cowell some other poepleCrumb - Night Music plus some other pieces LP (boulez, berio-weill)Some private press modern classical with a tight cover. Called Contemporary Ensemble WOrks by Jere HutchensonELECTRONIC MUSIC on Folkways with a super tight coverMusic by students at the university of torontoKirchner - String Quartet No. 3 for Strings and Electronic TapeandThe United States of America s/t LP. Cover is a little beat with some sam splitting on the bottom and ring wear, but LP is in super nice shape. Stereo og trade me salsa records or something I dunno

Comments

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    THESE RECORDS ARE SO GOOD I KNOW YOU WANT THEM IWANT YHOU TO WANT THEM LIKE THAT CHEAP TRICK SONG OR WHATEVER

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Hey whats the Provacative Electronics record like? Is it like I think it would be or are there any surprises? Oh and you dont like that Max Neuhaus? that cover has to be one of the more weird visual images floating around in the world.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Hey whats the Provacative Electronics record like? Is it like I think it would be or are there any surprises? Oh and you dont like that Max Neuhaus? that cover has to be one of the more weird visual images floating around in the world.

Provocative Electronics is actually pretty harsh. It kind of sounds like Bastard Noise if you've heard them. Also a track with some reed instrument (oboe?), percussion, and vocals that has been manipulated that is tight.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

DO YOU HAVE ANY PUTO BONG BONG?