How does one send a photo album?

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I have 81 pics I want to email to my Mom & sis, what's the best way to do this? Can I just upload them and send them a link somehow? All the pics are hugemongous (taken with a 4.0 camera), would I have to resize each one individually? That would suck.Any advice is greatly appreciated.Herm

Comments

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Herm,

I recommend www.flickr.com or www.photobucket.com. I use both, but I use Flickr more for sending personal photos out to the family. We even got a pro account, which cost like $25/year, and allows a whole lotta uploading. The non-pro free version of flickr has a limit that you might actually hit with 81 big megabyte photos, but it does make it pretty easy to resize - I think it prompts you to do it.

And they don't even pay me for this.

JRoot

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    hermillo

at sites like photbucket images have to be 250K or less, so you might need to use a photoshop type progam to reduce file size before uploading - the maximum visibility on a computer screen is in the vicinity of 80-120 DPI, so forget them 300 dpi specs unless they're going to be printed or whathaveyou

resizing ain't too time consuming - just open em in bunchs of 20 and go thru savign them at lower quality

upload as an album, then send the URl
    otherwise burn em to a CD and post em

and herm, be sure to delete any durrty shots featuring yer lady friends to avoid gettin them mixed up in the piece ..

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

and herm, be sure to delete any durrty shots featuring yer lady friends to avoid gettin them mixed up in the piece ..

Uh oh, real headz know the deal?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i would probably just resize them in infraview or something and then upload a zip of the files to yousendit or something so your family can have an archive of them instead of having to download the photos individually.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    cosign on flickr... or you can use www.ofoto.com

-rich

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    yo, you may want to try Yahoo! Photos. I just uploaded a 2.2MB sized photo (so I dont think there's limits on size)... peace

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Flickr.

you know its the shit.

really though, it is too damn easy, and free to start.

only problem is, in Dutch flickr sounds a lot like flikker which is a not-very-nice alternative to the word Gay.

picture me explaining to my Dutch mother-in-law why the photos of her grandson are on a website called flikker...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Zip 'em up using Winzip and send them with yousendit.com. Beats having to upload each files individually.

• flickr even has an upload tool you can download. that way you can upload a whole folder at once. i've been using it a little and love it. i think the upload tool even offers to resize the photos for you. i wouldn't worry about the limit unless you are planning on posting a lot of photos.