weekday findz 3/14 - 3/17

2»

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    more than that

• J
    no records but i did score one of these in white leather for free... only had to wait 2 years for it to get delievered from california

One of those sold at an antique mall I frequent just last week. I think dudes bought it for around $2,000CAN. Good score.

Friend of mine runs an art gallery, and sells some Eames/H. Miller furniture on the side. Sold one of those last month for $2200 American. So, yeah, $2000 canadian ain't bad. And, free is even better.

Like most things, he mentioned that you can find a lot of 'em on the Bay.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The records aren??t super cheap but they are everywhere and there are deals to be had if you shop smart (and often). I love this country.
    Ciao,
    Neville

Can we get some relative prices?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    J
    no records but i did score one of these in white leather for free... only had to wait 2 years for it to get delievered from california

One of those sold at an antique mall I frequent just last week. I think dudes bought it for around $2,000CAN. Good score.

Friend of mine runs an art gallery, and sells some Eames/H. Miller furniture on the side. Sold one of those last month for $2200 American. So, yeah, $2000 canadian ain't bad. And, free is even better.

Like most things, he mentioned that you can find a lot of 'em on the Bay.

well i used to work in a high end furniture store here in toronto and we stocked herman miller.. the prices on a new one aint cheap... i think they list at 3g's + depending on the finish

additionally the new ones have a five point base (due to safety regulations passed in the 70's) .. mine is 4 point so that makes it an older one...

and i need to reiterate

WHITE LEATHER!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    and i need to reiterate

WHITE LEATHER!!!

I'd be scared to have that in my house man... aren't you worried about it getting dingy?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

A potatoe's dream

i was trying to find the ugliest chair i could.

and I came upon this. Nice marketing gimmick.

http://www.rogards.com/ugly_chair/

***There is one about halfway down the page of last years entries that is an old bicycle seat on a three-prongged frame with wheels.