weekday findz 3/14 - 3/17

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
couldnt decide if i should push the weekend thread one more day... but i realized its already wednesday in most places.mostly from one storage space, but included is a trade or two (thanks again to strut folk!) and the rap 12"s at the end are from an ex-dj who had tons of killed 90s stuff with no covers, all dirty and bleh. i didnt want to mess with it at the prices he asked for, (i mean anything over .50 a piece was not gonna be worth it and he was hoping for $5+ each) i could just tell it was all going to skip and sound like poo. but, he also had a few 'keepers' tucked away, clean and sharp, andso i said word.anybody know if the bobby jimmy is good or crap? its sealed.that Opa is an Airto thing on Mainstream. willie mitchell is instrumental goodness on Hi.we have a winner. Beatles Xmas album on apple compiles their fanclub records from 63-69, and was not for sale in stores, super htf. kaliedoscope niceness. That Rufus is almost certainly unplayed, ive never seen a cleaner blue label stax ever. just pristine. the gangstarr is from the ex-dj dude who put it away, its minty.this is the 'OG as far as i can tell' copy i referred to in the other post about this record.this is aiight.classic Enjoy.

Comments

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts

[url=http://imageshack.us]

funky polish raers and serge came from the greenpoint salvation army! most of the others came from the $2 thing spot...7"ers came from this weird house buy i went to the other day...dude wanted way too much for his 12"s so i just took some cheap sevens.

and that top of the pops has a very nice two bar break on a cover of "superstition". the Esquires is one of my faves from yesterday...a funky bang from Trinidad...very nice cover of Serge "j'taime" but the whole thing is great...hard to describe...some other shit for sure. formula v is a miami latin garage psyche power-pop group with funky moments.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    archie whitewater-s/t

thanks to rcbreaks for the hook up on this one..........whats up with the B side completely smashing the A side?

also not on some vinyl finds but thanks to drewn and soulman for cd's which have been holding me down on my 3 day mini vacation.that dilla beat cd number 3 is

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    -- Don Thompson "Country place" on PM Records. Don on piano and vibes, Gene Perla on bass and Joe LaBarbera on drums.

- Andreas Vollenweider "Behind the gardens". Sticker on cover: music for electric harp, drums and percussion. I confess: don't know shit about this record, could be a terd. Anyone?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    - Andreas Vollenweider "Behind the gardens". Sticker on cover: music for electric harp, drums and percussion. I confess: don't know shit about this record, could be a terd. Anyone?

I take it Andreas is not a dollar-bin staple south of the border??

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

DAMN, I knew it

No, I've never seen an Andreas record before. It was a dollar-bin purchase tough. At least he looks hot on the cover

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    some recent finds.. some from last week too

a dollar each (except the Franck Dervieux (first pic bottom right) the Jean Pierre Alardeen + the oscar brown) those ones were trades.

+ about 12 or so 12"s and 40 or so 45s , didnt want to take pictures, to much to do.

peace

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    2 dollar bin finds....

DONT HATE THE SAYER, HATE THE GAME......

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Catalist,
    what does that "Franck" sound like? and is the joe loco any good?

couple from the Bay trip as well as online purchases:

Fatback Band-Keep on Steppin' (thanks Dj Ferarri)
    Roy Ayers- Red, Black, and Green (Groove Merchant)
    Break in the Road (2x, thanks Gnat)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Why in god's name did you spend money on an Englebert Humperdink record dude? Evil nugget loopz?

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    Evil nugget loopz?

smashing it over my grandmothers head while posting.....

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

• Options
    Day on the bus

Dope indy Montreal disco 'ting.

Wackie's horn cut to Wayne JArrett's "African Woman".

K in Canada.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    totally been laying off records lately, two from ebay:

karen beth-joys of life (beautiful music but her voice gets a bit irritating after a while)
    got a sealed double if anyone wants it pm me.

dave

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

DAMN, I knew it

No, I've never seen an Andreas record before. It was a dollar-bin purchase tough. At least he looks hot on the cover

i just picked up some ginamaria hidalgo LP. i have a feeling its not that great though...

oh, and a small stack of them Calandria comps.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    oh yeah. and

Thee Midniters- Memories LP
    Los Lobos Del Este De Los Angeles - Just Another BAnd from East LA
    Thee Midniters S/T

i am happy

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

i just picked up some ginamaria hidalgo LP. i have a feeling its not that great though...

I see we all make mistakes. She was very popular over here, and she clearly had a voice. Other than that, I would not trade my Andreas Vollenweider "raer" for it.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Rockadelic, whats that record on the bottom right of the last picture? Looks interesting...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Jorge

use your ears man... that andreas v record is pure cosmic balearic bliss out music for days...

no records but i did score one of these in white leather for free... only had to wait 2 years for it to get delievered from california

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Jorge

use your ears man... that andreas v record is pure cosmic balearic bliss out music for days...

Honestly, if SS had a "user reputation" points system, I would be down a couple points. Look at the cover:

no records but i did score one of these in white leather for free... only had to wait 2 years for it to get delievered from california

In white leather?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Catalist,
    what does that "Franck" sound like? and is the joe loco any good?

the Franck lp is really good... It is a French (quebec) progressive lp, with lots of jazz influence. One really slow headknodding track , overall a great album, pretty hard to find from what I've heard.

the Joe Loco is nice too , somewhat of a latin soul lp, I have to give it a better listen.

Nice finds K!

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Day three in Sao Paulo (the most massive city you have ever seen) and I??ve bought and traded for at least 50 records so far. Also suffering from my first hangover so I??ll get a list up later (and pictures when I return). Moog Man has been a great guide and the record guys in the park are bringing me new stuff every morning. Going to see DJ Nuts tonite which should be a treat. Get y??lls asses down here. The records aren??t super cheap but they are everywhere and there are deals to be had if you shop smart (and often). I love this country.
    Ciao,
    Neville

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Honestly, if SS had a "user reputation" points system, I would be down a couple points. Look at the cover:

So you lost one point with the record nerds, but you have gained one with the crystal-rubbing crowd. The latter segment actually includes a lot of hot ladies. Scoop up a cosmic chick at the local yoga center, light up the Nag Champa, Put Andreas W. on the stereo and rub that rhodonite.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

So you lost one point with the record nerds, but you have gained one with the crystal-rubbing crowd. The latter segment actually includes a lot of hot ladies. Scoop up a cosmic chick at the local yoga center, light up the Nag Champa, Put Andreas W. on the stereo and rub that rhodonite.

Sounds cool, but if wifey finds out I will be hit at my balls chakra

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Some Brazil highlights from the first three days:

Mercenarias - Cade as Armes (Baratos Afins)
    Fellini - O A Deus De Fellini (Baratos Afins)
    Fellini - So Vive 2 Voces (Baratos Afins)
    Som Nosso - S/T (CBS)
    Meireles e Sua Orquestra - Brasilian Explosion (EMI)
    Eduardo Araujo - A Onda e Boogaloo (Odeon) "Cold Sweat"
    Julinho - O Som de (Equipe) BEAUTIFUL LP
    Azes do Samba - S/T (Girasom)
    O Terco - Criaturas da Noite (Underground)
    Partido em 5 - Vol. 2 (Tapecar)
    Marlui Miranda - Olho ??d??gua (Continental)
    V/A - Brasil Som 75 (Copacabana)
    Gal Costa - India (Philips)
    Roberto Carlos - E Prohibido Fumar (CBS)
    Skowa e a Mafia - La Famiglia (EMI) - "Deus faca Funky"
    Transamba - S/T (Caravelle)
    Azambuja & CIA - S/T (CID)
    OST - Assim na Terra Como no Ceu (Philips) Tim Maia

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic, whats that record on the bottom right of the last picture? Looks interesting...

Late 70's Cali post-Hippie folk LP called "Home Folk" with two chicks and a guy.....fairly straight stuff ranging from Medieval sounds to Orange Blossom Special....looks better than it is.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Late 70's Cali post-Hippie folk LP called "Home Folk" with two chicks and a guy.....fairly straight stuff ranging from Medieval sounds to Orange Blossom Special....looks better than it is.

"It's So Easy" is nice until they bust out the fiddle, lol.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

nice one, i need a copy of this. awesome record

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    J

One of those sold at an antique mall I frequent just last week. I think dudes bought it for around $2,000CAN. Good score.