NC HipHop Mix (non-SS bitching moaning related)

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Mr. Freeze Records

You'll be happy to know his store closed down a couple of years ago. I agree w/ SonOfSam - he had more shitty records per sq. inch than any store I've ever seen.

That group Hip-Hop Culture was given the prize by default

Ugh. That 12" didn't even make the trip to RVA for the radio show. Abysmal rapping on that piece of junk. Stacks, you should have signed the Mr. Freeze contract and gotten screwed anyway... if only so I could have played a Born Supreme Productions 12" this weekend and today we could be telling you how dope it was.

Funny enough, that "Body to Body" song on my Soundclick site is from B.S.P. (Karyme had flows for days). I have other stuff we made that I'll eventually get around to posting. If we had connects, we should of gotten a deal somewhere. Cats had talent, and we're talking around 1988-1990, early in the game. If I knew then what I know now I probably would have:

1. Made the beats for Payroll & them.

2. Signed the Freeze Records contract, if only for some exposure.

3. Moved to New York as Jillian Rogers at Idolmakers Mgt. suggested by in 1992 to produce.

4. Sent Dres tracks like he told me outside of Fatdaddy's in Fayetteville (circa 1995). I was pissed 'cause we could have listened to them right then. I wasn't big on sending stuff based on prior demo outcomes (no response-related; except for Jerome Syndenham at Atco/East-West, dude was cool).

5. Sent tracks to Pos K's manager as Pos told me backstage in 1989 (at a BDK headlined show). Damn that dude is short.

Things probably would have been really different had I taken a few more chances. Then again, I would have earned a Ph.D., met my wife, and embarked on a very rewarding career. Life is funny.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    the same mr. freeze who owned the worst record store ever?... that place sucked... he had all those good records on the wall, but they weren't for sale... you had to dig through all that bullshit on the floor... i found some decent shit in there when i was just starting out though

Yep!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Sent Dres tracks like he told me outside of Fatdaddy's in Fayetteville (circa 1995).

Honestly I think that would've been too late to connect with him!

A friend did something on a later Black Sheep record and I don't think anything really came of it...

"Hot Wright the hot man/who said that Hot Wright ain't hot, man?"

I don't know...

Ha, damn!

Well know that we don't have that much to support down here.... and every MC's gonna flub here and there.... the man does have some zingers though

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    the man does have some zingers though

"dis heah, dis heah...dis ting heah... okey dokey den"

Why no "After Hours" Marco??

And where is Garrett's Crew???

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Why no "After Hours" Marco??

And where is Garrett's Crew???

"After Hours" got left in the crate at home and I don't have Garrett's Crew

b/w

GET YOUR OWN RADIO SHOW, UNCLE SALTY!

I had to make sure this was bitching and moaning related

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I drove 3 hours and went straight on the decks from the car with no prep...so cut me some slak and enjoy some cakalakrap.
    this is true. i think Marco actually had a nacho on his shirt coutesy of his quick pitstop at Taco Smell, but we just let him get right down to things.

ps- i may need to get mp3's of a couple of these -or the instros in some cases.

Ipanema was cool too...wish i didn't have to leave early, i missed the photo ops. o well.