Main Source Live at the BBQ question

visual_rockavisual_rocka 52 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
This should be quick work for y'all. How do you tell the OG from the Reish?Whats ballpark value for a OG mint?Thnx!

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    A HREF=http://cgi.ebay.com/MAIN-SOURCE-12-Just-Hanging-out-Live-at-BBQ-Test-Press_W0QQitemZ4844139380QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>IMG SRC=http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif HEIGHT=100 BORDER=0>
    My how things have changed./A>

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    wow, I am about to cry... seriously...

• IMG SRC=http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif HEIGHT=100 BORDER=0>

My how things have changed./A>

damn, I might as well make some dishware out of my records I'm getting rid of.

Hey Quo, this isn't you is it?

• That auction is what prompted me to ask actually.

Just found a mint copy of this out of an old school hip hop djs collection, nothing in there past 94 or so, so I knew if was an original (i dont even know if this was repressed or not, not really my usual terrain)..when I saw this ended auction I figured it must've been a obvious repress or something to those in the know.

I just grabbed it cause I knew it was a early 90s hip hop grail ... is this what the major label hip hop game has come to?? Damn, I'm sticking with the indy's from here on out!

• reskresk 391 Posts
    yeah man, its not even worth selling classic hip hop anymore other than locally. wish i would have sold more on ebay 5 years ago

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    yeah man, its not even worth selling classic hip hop anymore other than locally. wish i would have sold more on ebay 5 years ago

Then just send them joints to me I would like to rebuild what I sold...

• the seller has 1 positive feedback, would you buy something from him?
    i sure as hell wouldn't.

• What did this go for before?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    in a weird coincidence, i just picked this up today, similar circumstances: in with a pile of '88-'91 12's from the same owner. yellowed label, old sleeve etc, so im pretty sure its legit. ive never seen a boot but i can tell you on my copy, in the run off groove on side B it sez "This Ain't No Mambajahambo!!!" (also "WP-1022 B" and something that i think says "I U B")... And the A side run off has "WP-1022 A" and "DMS Cg * (peace sign)".

As for value, that ebay auction didnt specify real or boot, so wouldnt that hold bidding back somewhat, on top of the seller having almost no feedbacks? Also the freddy fresh book calls it a "****", for what thats worth. I realize the hip hop market has cooled off a lot, but i still think theres enough headz out there to constitute real price differentiation between common stuff and good stuff.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    how bout "think/atom"?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    how bout "think/atom"?

$300-500, but there's a couple of different reissues out there so watch out.

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts
    why do yall base prices on a AUCTION? I mean, it's an auction. The price could be anything!

• Whats up with those crazy ass marks on that one? Is that the camera? That doesn't look like no EXCELLENT condition to me...

This is why I'm (also of one feedback point) holding out for some feedback before some of the grailish things go up....

• looks like a shadow of dudes hands and the camera.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Hey Quo, this isn't you is it?

Oh yes.
    IMG SRC=http://www.askmen.com/men/entertainment_100/pictures_100/wade_robson/wade_robson_150c.JPG>
    That's me alright.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    I've got this on cassette, with Live at the BBQ on the B side with the instrumental too... how much can I get for it on ebay?

• What did this go for before?

i sold that same test pressing posted above for over a bill a couple of years ago to a Japanese dude that was making a book about hip hop 12"s.

• Well, dropped it on the bay with a modest reserve, I have nice feedback and surrounded it with some other heat, so we'll see. If it doesnt meet that I'm gonna start collecting Main Source 12s!