Paying Dues Vs Fate

2»

Comments

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    What qualifys as being DONE paying dues ?? There is always gonna be someone who is better regardless of age, talent, being gifted or having experience etc... Im probably going to be working until the day I die, doing what I love and just to pay the bills and feed my face. Just like you never stop learning..I don't think you ever get to the point where you just stop " paying dues " or Working as I'd rather refer to it as.

Its all an accumulation of everything you do in your lifetime...So there isn't any end to it...no such thing as a pot of gold. Some people are lucky though thats true...but most of us here have more integrity than luck right?

I dont ever want to stop working and learning. I dont want people to compare my achievments to someone else's...because they are MINE and dont mean jack to anyone but me. I certainly dont ever want to get to the point where I think Ive done all I can do or should do. Hopefully.....it can only get better.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I've said this before and I'll say it again. The dues for being a bad motherfucker are being a bad motherfucker. Comprende?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    obviously you never quite paying dues.. if you keep working you are ALWAYS paying dues, on the grind

it still has nothing to do with the fact that you still may not be as good as someone who is just naturally BETTER than you...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

it still has nothing to do with the fact that you still may not be as good as someone who is just naturally BETTER than you...

or more charismatic or well-connected or self-marketed.

I mean, this whole idea that if you just work hard you will make it is outdated in almost every field imaginable.

It's just as foolish to think that, in an office job, if you just work hard and play the good soldier that you'll eventually make it to the top. The person who makes it to the top is the best networker, the most visible, and to use a completely played out phrase from the corporate world, the person who "builds a better mousetrap".

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

or more charismatic or well-connected or self-marketed.

I mean, this whole idea that if you just work hard you will make it is outdated in almost every field imaginable.

It's just as foolish to think that, in an office job, if you just work hard and play the good soldier that you'll eventually make it to the top. The person who makes it to the top is the best networker, the most visible, and to use a completely played out phrase from the corporate world, the person who "builds a better mousetrap".

Or just wants it more and is willing to take risks others won't.