Are the new Juvie or Scarface albums worth buying?

Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
me.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Rodeo is weak, but I've heard a few other cuts from the Juvie that weren't bad at all

If the Scarface you're talking about is MY HOMIES PT 2, I just got a 12"... the A side had a fairly wack (Scarface-produced?) beat, the flip was dope though... just a loop with a whole bunch of dudes (Z-Ro, Juvie and Petey Pablo I think?) goin off...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Rodeo is weak, but I've heard a few other cuts from the Juvie that weren't bad at all

If the Scarface you're talking about is MY HOMIES PT 2, I just got a 12"... the A side had a fairly wack (Scarface-produced?) beat, the flip was dope though... just a loop with a whole bunch of dudes (Z-Ro, Juvie and Petey Pablo I think?) goin off...

I understand that the Face album is really just a bunch of old verses stitched together with new guest appearances, much like the last purported Face album that J. Prince schitted out. Is this so?

Juvenile album is pretty good.

I understand that the Face album is really just a bunch of old verses stitched together with new guest appearances, much like the last purported Face album that J. Prince schitted out. Is this so?

• Rodeo is weak, but I've heard a few other cuts from the Juvie that weren't bad at all

Looking at the credits in the store, it certainly had that vibe. Scarface albums are usually a reliable bet, but since Rap-a-Lot pulled something similar with the Pimp C album.... who knows?

That Pimp C album was great though, and didn't he okay/contribute to the project??

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    The new Juvie's pretty good. I have to admit I bought it mainly because I couldn't find a 12" of "Get Ya Hustle On". It's the first full-length of his I've checked since "Project English", which wasn't bad but wasn't that fantastic either. This has got a couple of limp moments, but overall it's a decent enough listen. I don't regret shelling out for it.

Dunno anything about a new Face album.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    That Pimp C album was great