My Ghetto Report Card

JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
What's the verdict? I like about half of it. First half of the album is killing the second half. I know Little Jon had to produce a bunch of beats on GP but "Tell Me When to Go" is the only one he did I really fuck with. On the baydestrian side, a lot of the old heads are kinda mad at Water for goin so hard with the hyphy stuff. You can't please everybody though. 2nd single should be "Muscle Cars" though I really can't understand what he's saying.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im hitting up towers at 12 to buy this

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i think there was a big ol post here somewhere. search it out.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    1st half ......2nd half at first...but slowly starting to grow on me

its an average cd... but i think i need to adjust to it

waaaay too many guest rappers for a 40 album

i dunno man...the shit is just a very different 40.....he's on a new label right ? ..maybe thats it.....

i love 40 ...but i need more Bosko and less Lil Jon

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    i think its pretty dope. The end is kinda suspect, but beyond that its a pretty solid album. The basslines throughout are killing it.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

i love 40 ...but i need more Rick Rock and less Lil Jon

The Emeryville Tower Records in store was kinda crazy. Went up there at 6 and there was at least a thousand people there. Foolios selling "hyphy" t shirts and everything. I guess people were in line at 10 am waiting for autographs. Pretty much all the bay artists were up there besides Keak as well.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    "White Girl"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "White Girl"

White GURL. Not Lohan. That blow, man.

• i love 40 ...but i need more Rick Rock and less Lil Jon

The Emeryville Tower Records in store was kinda crazy. Went up there at 6 and there was at least a thousand people there. Foolios selling "hyphy" t shirts and everything. I guess people were in line at 10 am waiting for autographs. Pretty much all the bay artists were up there besides Keak as well.

I went to the Tower in the CASTRO yesterday after work and the dude in line in front of me was buying it, too. That's funny as hell.

I was really expecting NOT to like this album--I'm always wary of excessive guests--but with the exception of "Gimme Head" and "Just Fuckin'" I think it's pretty great.

As a longtime Digable hatter, it still really fucks me up that Rick Rock used that, but once the beat comes in, it just kills. And it's crazy that he just lets that vocal loop run through the whole damn song, yet it's not distracting.

I think that "U and Dat" will be the next radio single, but I've heard about 5 songs from the album on local radio already. I played "Muscle Cars" at my gig on Friday--that's the one I HOPE they release as a single.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    We be to rap what key be to lock

Tryna get to yoooouuuu and that monkey

Heard these two on the radio last couple days.

Gonna go pick this up....RIGHT NOW!!!