Still rocking a tape deck car

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Still got a tape deck in my car. Albums in heavy rotation Chill Rob G - Ride The Rhythm, De La Soul - Stakes is High, and Main Source - Breaking Atoms.Whats in yours???????

Comments

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    dj clue hip hop/reggae #14

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Last couple of days have been Monster Magnet - Superjudge & Rose Tattoo - Greatest Hits.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Unrelated but fuck it.

I JUST found a large cache of old tapes that I thought I had lost. I gave away both of my Yamaha Natural Sound tape decks (mucho gangster) a few years back. Now, I wanna go buy a new cassette deck just to rip these hoes to mp3/cd. I been looking around on the net, but any decent deck is between $150 - 599. Fuck that! I need a good joint for like $80. Any recc's?

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    My truck only has a cassette deck. Last time I visited my parents I snagged bunch of my old tapes, so lately I've been bumping Digital Underground - Sex Packets, Three Feet High and Rising and Step in The Arena.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I got a tape deck as well.

In rotation? The Purple Tape.

"Yo where my Killah tape at, son?"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    My car has a CD player (booooo!), but I still rock the cassette Walkman on the daily. In the headphones today: De La Soul Is Dead.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    craigslist!

yeah i think vcr's and tape decks still cost some dough cause of the moving parts... powerful motors and all... you can get a dvd player for 20bucks but cant get a vcr player for under 50.

• BigRubeBigRube 15 Posts
    i used to rock my tape deck in my car until the shit broke. now i just listen to my walkman while i drive

peace to chill rob g and e40 - federal

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    that happened to me... luckily and oddly enough the cd player tape adaptor would work in it though. try it.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    My truck came with a cd player and tape deck...

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I got a tape deck as well.

In rotation? The Purple Tape.

"Yo where my Killah tape at, son?"

me too. along with P.E.'s first 3 & Labcabincalifornia

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Got a tape deck in the whip, but it's usually looking like this:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Unrelated but fuck it.

I JUST found a large cache of old tapes that I thought I had lost. I gave away both of my Yamaha Natural Sound tape decks (mucho gangster) a few years back. Now, I wanna go buy a new cassette deck just to rip these hoes to mp3/cd. I been looking around on the net, but any decent deck is between $150 - 599. Fuck that! I need a good joint for like $80. Any recc's?

?? really no stores in your area with old shit? finding a decent old tape deck for under $30 isnt too terribly hard...i love my $20 Nakamichi.

how are those natural sound decks mucho gangster? haha

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Unrelated but fuck it.

?? really no stores in your area with old shit? finding a decent old tape deck for under $30 isnt too terribly hard...i love my $20 Nakamichi.

how are those natural sound decks mucho gangster? haha

I kinda wanted to buy a new one, just to ensure that my tapes won't get eaten.

The whole Yamaha Natural Sound component series were all gangster/baller. It's been a minute since I've had the tapes decks, but I still have my Natural Sound amp and I just trashed the Natural Sound reference monitors, but for coming out in like 1991, they not only incredible sounding but had features that were way before their time.

• Got a tape deck in the whip, but it's usually looking like this:

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Yeah except mine says backshots

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Lot of killing shit agwan.

• Got a tape deck in the whip, but it's usually looking like this:

Yeah except mine says backshots

shudder

• boast1boast1 142 Posts
    ive got you all beat. i have a working 8 track player in my van.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i used to rock my tape deck in my car until the shit broke. now i just listen to my walkman while i drive

i still got it. decides to work based on weather. itll be dead and ill give up in it forever, and then one nice warm day...music!!!

currently: funky vibes EP, some reggae mix, an old conmen tape, superlover cee casanova rudd blow up the spot (eh), 3 feet high, kraftwerk, some other shit. i got a lot of other tapes in there.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

As you can see by the dust,it hasn't been used for a good while.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    I'll never stop rockin tapes. I'm currently listening to

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I need to find one of these

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    aceylone "all balls" happy when this cassette started working again.......back from the dead!

rocking plenty of mix tapes, lots of disco and latin. getting very sick of some. i'll trade cassette mixes to anybody who has mixes of raers they are sick of.

• As you can see by the dust,it hasn't been used for a good while.

You're driving on the wrong side again, Maggy!

• I'll never stop rockin tapes. I'm currently listening to

crazy early and overlooked jdilla production. I always liked the beats on this album a lot and never knew why until years later.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    You're driving on the wrong side again, Maggy!

I think i can fix that with photoshop.

• I been listenin to Paul's Boutique and Reachin'