Interesting Netflix Suggestions

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone seen this:A blind San Francisco blues singer's journey to becoming a master of Tuvan throat singing is the subject of Roko and Adrian Belic's Oscar-nominated documentary. Paul Pena became fascinated with the Tuvan art form after hearing it on a Russian radio broadcast; he then met the Mongolian masters on a U.S. tour. The Tuvans were so impressed with Pena that they invited him to Tuva's annual singing competition; his adventures there form the heart of Genghis Blues. Plaese to post "something different," Netflix wise.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Anyone seen this:

A blind San Francisco blues singer's journey to becoming a master of Tuvan throat singing is the subject of Roko and Adrian Belic's Oscar-nominated documentary. Paul Pena became fascinated with the Tuvan art form after hearing it on a Russian radio broadcast; he then met the Mongolian masters on a U.S. tour. The Tuvans were so impressed with Pena that they invited him to Tuva's annual singing competition; his adventures there form the heart of Genghis Blues.

Plaese to post "something different," Netflix wise.

Yeah, Dude wrote Steve Miller Band hit "Jet Airliner"...cool flick, saw it on IFC or Sundance like 5 or 6 years back.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Have not seen it. Looks interesting. I rented some interesting "films" during my 3 month stint with Netflix (fuck that shit i got sattelite now). Here's one that comes to mind:

Crazy documentary about Mexican border crossing. The film maker goes through the whole process with these cats. Some of them die. It's pretty dramatic. Check it out sometime. My review was not as colorful as yours, sorry.