youtube virus?? or

lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
anyone have problems with their mac recently?? i've been having some unprecedented shit go down with my system. itunes not working, stuff like that. searching message boards show no similar problems to mine. now i'm hearing reports of people with macs having crazy problems. they are pointing the finger at youtube. my problems happened right around the time that everybody started posting those links. is there already a thread about this?discuss.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

youtube causing problems with any os? not likely. sounds like voodoo.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    maybe this isn't a virus but something else....

for a a couple of weeks soulstrut would crash whenever i was using firefox. ebay every 10th time. iphoto is out of the game. itunes out of the game. fleeting spells of the programs working than back to 0.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    paging Aser.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    no probs w/ my Mac. Try repairing disk permissions, I guess.

• I've been having some problems with mine, seems like everything is taking more time to load then usual. But then again, I just installed a bunch of fonts only to have Font Book take an hour and then freeze my computer. Tried it again and it worked, but now I have doubles and triples of fonts and Font Book takes fucking forever even just deleting a single font.

So I guess the point of this post is yes, my shits going slow, but I'm having problems with font book, which is nearly identical to itunes.

Also, I watch youtube videos almost every day. Hmmm.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Isnt there supposed to be the first MAc virus out there right now?

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    does soulstrut fall into the category of "chat room" am i using a chat program??

soulstrut did blow my shit up the hardest....

...hmmmm.

....and every thread has at least one or ten youtube links.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I have been having the exact same problem and was just searching about what might be going on.

Itunes is acting up, login window and anytime I put headphones in the headphone jack or take them out, it slows way down.

Is that link to sophos a solution?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    http://www.maintain.se/cocktail/

run that first then see if your problems persist. Itunes can be slowed down w/ a recent increase in size of playlist (could be all the real heads dl'ing you've been doing). My itunes is SLOW, but that's because there are close to 160gb of music in there.

sounds like you might have a corrupt cache problem for a bunch of these programs.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    could be all the real heads dl'ing you've been doing

nice, thanks, that's a cool program.

I gave mac help a call (signed up for the extended warranty, finally), and after deleting a couple of startup programs it seems to be working much better.

has anyone else had any problems with the headphone jack, though (imac g5)? about half the time I take headphones out, or put them in, it has some serious problems switching the sound over, weird. ok ok, i know, enough with machelpstrut at ss.

so to make this record related, has anyone checked out ebonycuts.com? they have TONS of fantastic disco mixes for download of super rare tracks. this and realheadz have been filling up my itunes quick lately.