New Sopranos on Sunday, who's hyped? (TVR)

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
8pm CST on Sunday. 12 episodes of season 6 goodness. The previews got me so hyped. Chase & co are gonna bring it this season. The Johnny Sac/Phil Leotardo potential angles should be ill. All the early press on review episodes is good. Can't wait.

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I can't wait. This is why I steal cable.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    so who's gonna be burning these to dvd?

• The odds-on favorite, apparently, for "first to get whacked" is none other than Vito "Down Low" Spatafore.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    It's about time. I'm hype....on with the show!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i just rewatched the first five seasons on hbo. i love the on demand function.

anyway, YES, im very excited. though the wife doesnt care much for it. good thing we have cable in two rooms.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I'm a big fan, can't wait...although, to be honest, the previous season was so long ago I can barely recall what happened. I just remember the two Soprano kids losing a shitload of weight, Carmella on the verge of getting a divorce, and Tony running from somebody during the last scene of the last episode of the last season.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    carmella and tony are working it out... for now.

tony was running from the fbi when they came to raid johnny sac's house.

• carmella and tony are working it out... for now.

tony was running from the fbi when they came to raid johnny sac's house.

I think Carmella has made her peace w/ the fact she'll never be rid on Tony, unless she kills him. Some of the quotes I've heard on the teasers confirm this.

That last scene from Season 5 was crazy! Feds comin outta the woods to get Johnny Sac...I thought it was Phillie at first comin to get Tony. Tony emerging from the woods at his house just like the bear in the first episode. Full circle.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    I wish I was living in the US, as far as I know I have to wait until April for Season 6 where I am...........

is this the last season?? I heard rumours there maybe a 7th, anyone else heard this??

Best show ever on TV

• I wish I was living in the US, as far as I know I have to wait until April for Season 6 where I am...........

is this the last season?? I heard rumours there maybe a 7th, anyone else heard this??

Best show ever on TV

20 episodes remain, unless they renegotiate.

12 to be aired starting Sunday.

The remaining 8 to be aired in January 07.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i just rewatched the first five seasons on hbo. i love the on demand function.
    me too.

I think Carmella has made her peace w/ the fact she'll never be rid on Tony, unless she kills him. Some of the quotes I've heard on the teasers confirm this.

That last scene from Season 5 was crazy! Feds comin outta the woods to get Johnny Sac...I thought it was Phillie at first comin to get Tony. Tony emerging from the woods at his house just like the bear in the first episode. Full circle.
    gene, always with your tv analyses.
    i still can't get that spoiler outta my head. hoping thats not true. (dont worry, not madd)

heres a really good trailer i have never seen before just now
    http://media.putfile.com/Sopranos-Season-6-Trailer

aj's long hair is nagl

anybody check that behind the scenes season 6 thing on hbo?

omg, i'm so excited. i want to inject the entire season like a drug.

oh by the way...

BEN MOTHERFUCKING KINGSLEY!

• i just rewatched the first five seasons on hbo. i love the on demand function.
    me too.

gene, always with your tv analyses.
    i still can't get that spoiler outta my head. hoping thats not true. (dont worry, not madd)

aj's long hair is nagl

anybody check that behind the scenes season 6 thing on hbo?

omg, i'm so excited. i want to inject the entire season like a drug.

haha, thanks man. i feel you, cos I had the same thoughts..."why aren't they showing all 12 on sunday!?!?"

they showed a pretty kick-ass trailer last night. tony and aj chillin on a big boat, sippin drinks. looks like they really are going to ratchet up the violence and level of "gangster shit" this year.

'twasn't me who posted that spoiler back in the day tho....i did see it. i'd say 50/50 shot whether it goes down like that. seems a little crazy.

• oh by the way...

BEN MOTHERFUCKING KINGSLEY!

they always kill it w/ the guests. he's the best one for this year..they also are bringin that dude tim daly back and the ER chick (marguilles?)

have you seen "Sexy Beast"? ben kingsley slaughtered that role/film.

FRIDAY. GROVESNOR.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Apparently, Vegas bettors are giving the best odds that Uncle Junior is going down. And not in the Vito sort of way.

And I heard Ben Kingsley will be playing himself. Go figure.

m*tt posted that spoiler. i will never forget and retribution will be had.*

anyway
    did you notice how many images/references to food and meat in particular were in that trailer?
    the 'behind the scenes' on hbo showed how much detail, down to the wardrobe accessories, goes into each show. its gotta be a mindblowing production.
    yes, ben kingsley is a god of acting. guy was knighted for chrissakes!
    what's up with this terd though?

*(jk, not madd doggie!)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    cant wait

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    m*tt posted that spoiler. i will never forget and retribution will be had.*
    *(jk, not madd doggie!)
    my friend at HBO told me that after tony gets iced, he's gonna do some cameos. here's a sneak peak...

he really knows how to get into character, and by the looks of it, he'll be making some serious skrilla.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

Jr.'s getting wacked

i stopped reading after my friend at hbo told me but if thats another spoiler youre an ass
    if not continue on

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    so who takes over the NY crew in Sack's absence? is Tony going to move in on some of the NY action? will they ever bring back the Russians? will the feds attempt to flip someone else this season?

• so who takes over the NY crew in Sack's absence? is Tony going to move in on some of the NY action? will they ever bring back the Russians? will the feds attempt to flip someone else this season?

I'm pretty sure Phil Leotardo (Frank Vincet aka Billy Batts) will take over the Johnny Sac crew. Phil and Tony are like oil and water, so there's built-in storylines/drama right there. I highly doubt the big Russian ever returns. Don't forget Raymond Curto is a rat and has been since Season 3...surely they'll have to wrap that plotline up.

May I just add, Vincent Curatola's character work as Johnny Sacrimony is phenomenal. One of my favorite characters on the show.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i stopped reading after my friend at hbo told me but if thats another spoiler youre an ass
    if not continue on
    i'm just kidding man! i've actually only seen the sopranos once or twice... i really prefer the tenors.

Treach? Did I miss his character in previous seasons? Or is this new?

and who's the black guy in teh hospital bed looking like lord Jamar?

and yes Marguilles is in this.

• heres a really good trailer i have never seen before just now

Oh snap, Treach too?

Remember the "rap mogul" that was in one of the Season One episodes. "Massive Genius" played by B. Woodbine.

Oh snap, Treach too?

Remember the "rap mogul" that was in one of the Season One episodes. "Massive Genius" played by B. Woodbine.

Massive Genius' exchanges with Hesch were classic.

I know the resolution is bad but I'm geeking. Who is that?

Massive Genius' exchanges with Hesch were classic.

massive's gotta stay up on his sample clearances