I swear I was coming out tonight... (NRR)

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
okay... if you know me and are close enough to me you know i flake out on shit a lot! mostly its due to me falling asleep at 8p and when i wake up at midnight im like "fuck it..." so really thats my bad yall... really josh and patrick... yall have put UP with my shit for YEARRRRSSSS!anyway, so i was leaving right now to get out to nathans gig at the cigar bar downtown so i could bump over to that Break in the Road gig at 9p. well, after getting my ebay stuff ready for tomorrow, taking a shower, eating some food, etc... i get to the door, umbrella in hand yall cause i know its not going to be nice out there, but i got hit in the face by hail as soon as i walked onto the pavement. so see, its not always me. sometimes mothernature intervenes and stops my going out to places.anyway, i just wanted to apologize again for flaking out even though yall didnt know i was going to come out tonight in the first place. so if you want the floor is open for all the other flakes and laggers in the world to come clean and admit it... i did and i feel great!ima go smoke now... peace!

Comments

• ... but instead I'm trapped in the closet.

Jokes. What up, Jinxy?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im the same way.
    its very easy to convince myself to not go out.
    especially in the winter.
    my friends have stopped bothering to see if i wanna go out.

the upside: my bank account is getting bigger.

imma go smoke now.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Jokes. What up, Jinxy?

its raining. im not going out now. the wife might bring me by madrone later but thats not til 8 or 9p... ill probably be asleep by then.

other than that... chilling. you need to bring over records and geek out one day. ill buy the beer.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    what a fucking softhands. I bet you're the same kid who told people he couldn't play with water guns because your mom didn't allow you to get wet.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

my wife usually flakes on plans....which isn't necessarily a bad thing...she's to blame and I get more sleep....

• It's the Home-Run Pies, they're angry at you

but we'll have the redcarpet laid out for you just in case

Tonite, we have Justin Torres gliding across the red carpet with a simply breathing "Rawkus T-shirt" by Hanes, with equally stunning pair of track pants by Mervyn's. Mr. Blackwell must be so proud right about now.

hahah... okay im done with the strut for today. enjoy yourselves kids...

• What, I can't get an apology for all the times you flaked on me (and were on the list)?

FINE.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    this reminds me of the shel silverstein poem, "i got high and missed it"

rain and hail???? deal with it! i am convinced it's the chronic keeping you in jinx. i just stopped smoking this week, feel great. though i want to smoke that shit out when i am djing. i must say i am loving the stark reality.

why is it that whenever i come to sf it snows?

hopefully i will make it out to the break in theroad function. i also want to check out my friends DEF HARMONIC/VANISHING SYSTEM rock with HANGAR 18 at 111 minna (sp) hoping to squeeze in both though i know they aren't close.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Tonite, we have Justin Torres gliding across the red carpet with a simply breathing "Rawkus T-shirt" by Hanes, with equally stunning pair of track pants by Mervyn's. Mr. Blackwell must be so proud right about now.

ROFLMATIC

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    dude, it's only like 6:15 pm right now. you called it a night already?

• dude, it's only like 6:15 pm right now. you called it a night already?

You're talking to the man who wakes up at 3:30 in morning every day.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I'm shady and bail on plans a lot as well. My friends are used to it. I'm not the worst though so I don't catch much flak for it. I definitely think my herbal intake is related, but I'm not exactly sure how. I might love getting high, and then not feel like going out... or I might hate going out, so I stay home and get high. Either way I'm kinda introverted and anti-social at times. Especially in the winter.

dude, it's only like 6:15 pm right now. you called it a night already?

You're talking to the man who wakes up at 3:30 in morning every day.

werd! i was up at 4am... did ebay... ate breakfast... made breakfast and lunch for the wife... now back to work.

and im not really a night person. im a morning person. and at 615p with rain... yeah im calling it. though the homies came over last night and chilled so i did SOMETHING. im a homebody but i would like to come out and see the other homies djing once in a while. oh well, eventually...

...and if you can trip on my not going out after 6pm, why is it that youve lived here for a while and have never come to one of the record shows weve had? cant get up early enough on saturday mornings? nevertheless,i expect youll be there tomorrow... see you then!