Jermaine Dupri !?

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Does this guy just listen to Hot 97 and emulate whatever he hears?I mean it seems for the past few years everything he does is a bad rendition of a beat style that has been played out.His daddy owned a label. He discovered Kriss Kross and da Brat, then forefathered the jiggy era of the late 90's(emulating puff), which was one of the downfalls of todays bad radio rap.opinions on jd?

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Maybe a little too devoted as a boyfriend. A member of N'Sync pulled his girlfriend's titty out in front a millions of people and he still kept her around. I would have shown her the door after that mishap.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Not only do I think of Murphy Lee's "What the Hook Gone Be" as top-notch, but I pretty much like the Franchise Boys singles thus far.

In other words, Jermaine has always had a lot of biter in him. But IMO he's been coming into his own as of late.

Even Bow Wow's stuff isn't as bad as it could be.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    not to mention she's huuuuuge right now.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

I would have shown her the door after this[/b] mishap.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I mean it seems for the past few years everything he does is a bad rendition of a beat style that has been played out.

When has this not been his approach?

Not only do I think of Murphy Lee's "What the Hook Gone Be" as top-notch,

File under: "heart of a milkdud"

okay...

Does this guy just listen to Hot 97 and emulate whatever he hears?
    I mean it seems for the past 15[/b] years everything he does is a bad rendition of a beat style that has been played out.
    His daddy owned a label. He discovered Kriss Kross and da Brat, then forefathered the jiggy era of the late 90's(emulating puff), which was one of the downfalls of todays bad radio rap.
    opinions on jd?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

So you ?

What did you think of "Welcome to Atlanta"?

So you ?

I liked the Ludacris part.

I can only name a handful of songs that JD's been involved in over the past 15 years that I even kind of liked.

That's one.

Also Dru Hill's "In My Bed" remix

Biggie and Da Brat's "Dirty B-side"

A couple of Jagged Edge songs... and that's really it.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Never Scared

Never Scared

I don't think he had anything to do with it beyond putting it out--he may also have taken some kind of an exec. production credit on the Youngbloodz' Drankin' Patnaz album.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    For me its a split, either I'm diggin the track ("Money Ain't A Thang", "B-Sides" or something like "The Party Continues") or I just can't stand it (too many to mention). I will say this though, I think Jermaine has got the R&B on lock more so than the hip hop (Mariah, Usher, Jagged Edge, Dru Hill and others).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    not mad at JD. get your money how you know how to get it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Come on though, hes been killing it recently. OOhh I think they like me beat was fire!

Plus, hes like the most succesful producer of all time. Even though i dont really like alot of his output, He did write confessions!

Hes mad talented.

Come on though, hes been killing it recently. OOhh I think they like me beat was fire!

Plus, hes like the most succesful producer of all time. Even though i dont really like alot of his output, He did write confessions!

Hes mad talented.

He's a talented emulator--he doesn't have an original bone in his body.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    the emancipation of mimi was arguably the best r&b album of 2005. i think he produced most of it (not the one with snoop, which is great too ).

So you ?

I think you meant "Ambitions of a rider".

the emancipation of mimi was arguably the best r&b album of 2005. i think he produced most of it (not the one with snoop, which is great too ).

a scott storch-rip-off-fest.

Hes mad talented.

He's a talented emulator--he doesn't have an original bone in his body.

Should we begin a countdown to JD hyphy era? Snap still too hot? hyphy/snap hybrid? snaphy?

i dont HATE too many songs but "lean wit it" has to be one of them

• i dont HATE too many songs but "lean wit it" has to be one of them

You ain't fresh as him iz.

(Welcome back, dood--holler some time)

• the emancipation of mimi was arguably the best r&b album of 2005. i think he produced most of it (not the one with snoop, which is great too ).

PLEASE STOP

B/W

I JUST VOMITTED A LIL' BIT IN MY MOUTH

WITH BONUS TRACKS:

WE'VE BEEN DOWN THE "MARIAH CAREY IS THAT REAL SCHITT CAUSE SHE SELLS" ROUTE BEFORE.

I'M FEELIN JD LATELY, BUT DUDE IS STILL VERY MUCH A BITER-ASS BITER.

Yeah he's a biter. But he's still dope. Those Usher singles were pretty good... And the guy did Xscapes - Just Kick it.

• Yeah he's a biter. But he's still dope. Those Usher singles were pretty good... And the guy did Xscapes - Just Kick it. "I missed the bus" By Kriss Kross[/b]

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

I'M FEELIN JD LATELY AYO[/b] , BUT DUDE IS STILL VERY MUCH A BITER-ASS BITER. AYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

• I'M FEELIN JD LATELY AYO[/b] , BUT DUDE IS STILL VERY MUCH A BITER-ASS BITER. AYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

at my own game.

PLEASE STOP

B/W

WITH BONUS TRACKS:

WE'VE BEEN DOWN THE "MARIAH CAREY IS THAT REAL SCHITT CAUSE SHE SELLS" ROUTE BEFORE.

please give examples of current female r&b singers with more talent than mariah, also include a list of better produced albums in that same genre than her last one.

• the emancipation of mimi was arguably the best r&b album of 2005. i think he produced most of it (not the one with snoop, which is great too ).

PLEASE STOP

B/W

WITH BONUS TRACKS:

please give examples of current female r&b singers with more talent than mariah, also include a list of better produced albums in that same genre than her last one.

You sound like a Mariah Fan, doggie.

but yo i'll play along
    current female r&b sangers

albums? I haven't *snicker* checked that Mariah album, so I can't really speak on it nor would do I really ever want to.

PLEASE STOP

B/W

WITH BONUS TRACKS:

You sound like a Mariah Fan, doggie.

but yo i'll play along
    current female r&b sangers

albums? I haven't *snicker* checked that Mariah album, so I can't really speak on it nor would do I really ever want to.

mary is good too, but mariah's vocal skills, imo, are . still, you named one singer who you think is better, yet mariah makes you vomit in your mouth?