This country is bugging out over 36 mafia...!

2»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    getting pissy about a fist fight at the snack bar at a hockey game.

hi,

i am joe schmoe from middle america. today i went to work only to be confronted by my white co-workers bombarding me phrases like "hey joe!!! it's hard out there for a pimp huh?" and asking me "hey joe, whats the difference between a kilo and a yayo?", "hey joe, slap that trick, slap that trick, slap that trick!!!" "hey joe, where my niggas at?" now i don't even know what they are talking about, i assume the a referring to some rap lyrics but i have no idea... but i think it is funny that they would think that i would be able to relate to what they are saying on the basis of my skin color, don't you?

why would you assume they are referring to some rap lyrics and not a movie or a book or a television program?

the co-workers don't sound very smart and ignorance like that has been a problem long before rap music even existed.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I'm gonna bitch right now because although I certainly like Three-6 that particular song sucks donkey balls.

Exactly. Does anyone think this song is any good? Everything about it is generic and ordinary - from the chorus, to the beat, to that chick's voice. Considering hip hop is now the mainstream, the proof that this song is average lies in the fact that it never even hit radio.

Dolly Parton was robbed!!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    "push that shit out!"

i now say this to my poops

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I'm gonna bitch right now because although I certainly like Three-6 that particular song sucks donkey balls.

Seriously.

It's a shame they couldn't perform "Stay Fly" (or "Poppin My Collar" or "Sippin on Syrup" or "Ridin Spinners" or "Tear Da Club Up" or "Tongue Ring") instead of that travesty of a song.

• getting pissy about a fist fight at the snack bar at a hockey game.

hi,

i am joe schmoe from middle america. today i went to work only to be confronted by my white co-workers bombarding me phrases like "hey joe!!! it's hard out there for a pimp huh?" and asking me "hey joe, whats the difference between a kilo and a yayo?", "hey joe, slap that trick, slap that trick, slap that trick!!!" "hey joe, where my niggas at?" now i don't even know what they are talking about, i assume the a referring to some rap lyrics but i have no idea... but i think it is funny that they would think that i would be able to relate to what they are saying on the basis of my skin color, don't you?

why would you assume they are referring to some rap lyrics and not a movie or a book or a television program?

the co-workers don't sound very smart and ignorance like that has been a problem long before rap music even existed.

oh yeah you're right, everything is much much better now. thanks!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dolly Parton is a cool chick. Some kid once asked her why her feet are so small and she said "Things don't grow in the shade".

• the co-workers don't sound very smart

we luh the academy

some of my coworkers are right here on this board...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    getting pissy about a fist fight at the snack bar at a hockey game.

hi,

oh yeah you're right, everything is much much better now. thanks!

i don't remember saying or even implying that things are better.

generally, i'd be into talking this out, but i have seen your style on the Board and can't say i'm interested in getting into this too much more with you. i'm fine with us not agreeing, but i don't have all the answers and i'm not into pushing people into corners.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Seriously.

It's a shame they couldn't perform "Stay Fly" (or "Poppin My Collar" or "Sippin on Syrup" or "Ridin Spinners" or "Tear Da Club Up" or "Tongue Ring") instead of that travesty of a song.

I dont think its that bad of a song. Definitely the best oscar tune! I think the only people really mad about it are the bill oreiley types. My mom said she thought it was cool.

Anyway you cant even be mad at bill oreiley conservative talk radio, cause they definitely more entertaining than the liberal side, and they all hate rap music im sure.

Dont forget Bill is the original inspiration for the term "U MADDD DOGGIE?" Of course hes mad! And the rest are just following his lead.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

generally, i'd be into talking this out, but i have seen your style on the Board and can't say i'm interested in getting into this too much more with you. i'm fine with us not agreeing,

naw bassie do it, iam bored, and i want beef!

GO!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Odd choice of wording to be sure, but the article is decidely pro-Mafia:

"In one of the most exciting performances for a best song, usually characterized by bland performances of even blander songs, the Memphis rap group gave a rousing rendition of their song from "Hustle & Flow," then took the Oscar home to boot."

Maybe they mean "steal" in terms of "The pimp stolt that trick in the jaw" ?Instead some kind of "looting" vs. "finding" shit.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Dolly Parton is a cool chick. Some kid once asked her why her feet are so small and she said "Things don't grow in the shade".

She is cool. But fuck man, she looks like a monster.

I had to run upstairs and look at the poster from

hot!

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    while not the best three six song (by a fair shot) look what it was running against??!??!!