DAKAR IS LYING: PROOF INSIDE

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I went to a yard sale once that did not list records. But the guy had a nice old Sansui amp. I asked dude if he had any records and he said yes, but he was still debating whether to sell them. His wife was there and suggested that he sell them. She said "you've been moving those around in the basement for 10 years. Come on!" I pulled the old...they will get ruined in the basement routine and asked if I could look at them. He let me dig through them and halfway into the first box, I knew I was into something. It was all jazz, psych and prog. One fucking crazy title after the other. He hovered over me while I looked and we shot the shit about music. I think he could appreciate my enthusiasm.

But he wouldn't sell them to me! I pleaded and he agreed to let me "borrow them." He said, "You can hold them for a month and if I don't miss them you can pay me for them." He made me leave a $100 deposit. I was thinking this is so fucking wierd. But I was in "the zone" and focused only on leaving with the records.

I took the boxes home and started listening. Shit was blowing my mind.

He called a month later and said he wanted them back. I returned every single one of them. It fucking broke my heart. We're talking about shit I will probably never ever find again and the doubles could have yielded thousands of $$$.

I believe in Karma.
    Wow, good to see some honesty up in here. At least you probably learned about some nice titles, and I'm sure you wrote them down? I don't know when that was, but if it was nowadays I would have taken a picture of every single record.

Maybe one day you'll get the call of your lifetime.

I've done similar things with lots of people, especially friends parents, who have let me come over and listen to their records even though I can't buy any. Have heard quite a few very rare canadian records I'll never find, but I'm glad to have heard them at least.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    You need to find yourself a more challenging job!

I'm not following you?

haha... not you. jorge... oh man...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    As someone who has met Dakar and dug with him, I can attest to his honesty and kindness. Dude is definitely finding some crazy stuff out there, and I can't imagine him lying about anything actually.

Sorry JLR, try harder! Actually, you should take a vacation in the US and see how the digs actually are.

• i've also met dakar and been seeing his digs for, jeez years i think, and hes definitely on the up and up. be nice and he may share the wealth.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    What kind of twisted conspiracy is going on here? Now everyone is Dakar's friend and believes in his magic diggin powers. Keep it coming, I'm writing names down on a list...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    you're actually one of my favorite & funiest posters. but this is such a bad look.

drop it.

• I don't care how many people defend Dakar; we all know that rug is a reissue.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    32 stars!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

this whole thread is hilarious.

The real question is: WHAT CONDITION ARE SAID FINDS IN?!?!?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I know a couple came out my dollar bins haha, same goes for a couple of the other finds I've seen posted in the last few weeks. Strut diggers are too uber to get them from me for $2 but when I sell them to the local store it's a "find" (Not referring to Dakar in this instance)

I know a couple came out my dollar bins haha, same goes for a couple of the other finds I've seen posted in the last few weeks. Strut diggers are too uber to get them from me for $2 but when I sell them to the local store it's a "find" (Not referring to Dakar in this instance)

this is the "smoking gun" I've been waiting for!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    "proof"

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I think JLR is just salty because of Dakar beat him to one of these (upper left corner):

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    PLease, could someone say "BEST THREAD EVER"? I can't because I started it.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Post deleted by edpowers

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    you're actually one of my least favorite & unfunniest posters. but this is the best thraed evar.

strut vigilante rock on!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Finds fascists fall the fuck back. This thread is malodorous.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    This thread is funny, it's awesome how people are taking it seriously too. lol

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    yeah what a bunch of tight asses.

Dakar: "How dare you! My finds are legit! Legit I tell you!"

Other posters: "Yeah. This is really low. I mean, if you're that jealous, just write "DIE" in all caps and stroke off to KL's finds like everyone else."

Me:

• Since when is JLR known for being an uptight serious dude, anyway?

I mean, I know Argentina is famous for its beef, but come on.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Oh man, I even was called a "finds fascist" in this thread.

FAKE FINDS POSTS AND LACK OF SEX ARE BRINGING STRUTTERS DOWN

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    actually this thread is fun. i'm enjoying it. i was a little uptight early on perhaps--but what can i say?
    if someone believes my finds are illegit, then ok. whatever.

I really hope nobody on this site measures any personal worth from the quality of their finds posts...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Oh man, I even was called a "finds fascist" in this thread.

FAKE FINDS POSTS AND LACK OF SEX ARE BRINGING STRUTTERS DOWN

Don't be sadmad JLR. I don't use words like 'malodorous' when I'm trying to be serious . I know you are funnin'. I should have augmented with the usual gratutious jpgs or graemlin abuse to emphasize my irony. Carry on???

I really hope nobody on this site measures any personal worth from the quality of their finds posts...

dude - you are making my whole world crumble! PLAESE TO STOP!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

i measure personal worth by the amount of money you make and the kind of car you drive.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

i measure personal worth by the amount of money you make and the kind of car you drive.

Half of SS won't take this as a joke.

WHat you know about "Estupido cupido" original soap opera soundtrack on Som Livre?

dude - you are making my whole world crumble! PLAESE TO STOP!

Talk shit about my mom, fine. Talk shit about my wife? I might get mad but I'll forgive.

Talk shit about my FINDS??

THAT'S NEVER FORGIVE ACTION.