Marching Band Heat

ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
James Brown Marching Band??? Watch the whole thang.

Comments

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Wow

What an amazing band!

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

a couple of years ago , attending the jazz festival in Perugia, I remember watching in a hot afternoon, a marching band from New Orleans........one of the funkiest thing I' ve ever heard in my life...

I was like ..

.and the same night James Brown performed there too !!!!!!!!

• ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
    AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    How come I can't watch those Quick Time movies? I got the newest Quick Time Player version, but I can only see a little Quick Time logo... no movie...

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    that's funny, I have been looking for old marching band records lately.

this is some serious

• I posted this album cover a while back.. unfortunately it came without the record.

I bet this one is

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

I posted this album cover a while back.. unfortunately it came without the record.

I bet this one is

That's exactly the kind of schit I'm looking for. Is that the University of DC?

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    FAMU is no joke. They're the premier marching band in the US from the traditionally black colleges, and as an ex marching-band geek during High School and college, I can tell you that they get respect from "traditional" marching bands too.

Someone from the FAMU band organization is working with MTV on a reality show right now about the black college marching band experience, which they're filming in Stome Mountain, GA. I'm not sure when they're going to air it, but I know the father of one of the cast members. Could be interesting.

• I posted this album cover a while back.. unfortunately it came without the record.

I bet this one is

That's exactly the kind of schit I'm looking for. Is that the University of DC?

Yep.

And there's a medley listed on the back: Apache/Dance To the Drummer's Beat/Superbad..

I wish

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Damn, nice post, Shingaling.

When was this originally filmed? It looks like it was done circa '87-'88.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    FAMU is no joke. They're the premier marching band in the US from the traditionally black colleges,

*cough* Southern University "Human Jukebox" Marching Band *cough*

• And there's a medley listed on the back: Apache/Dance To the Drummer's Beat/Superbad..

I wish

damit! I was all when I read that. Then I scrolled down and was

• Haha, sorry dude.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

I posted this album cover a while back.. unfortunately it came without the record.

I bet this one[/b] is