Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab Records

DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I really did not think these were worth much. I have quite few and was hoping to get maybe $10. Paid $1. Why are they worth more? I listened and they do not sound any different from my regular pressings?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4726377720&rd=1

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    ummmmm.... yeah

thats one of the few things old head collectors were right about... these only accumulate value over the years...

they may sound the same to you on a $500 stereo, but to the $200,000 sound system dudes out there it seems to make a big difference

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    figured. i always thought I had a good system, but it ain't no audiophile shit.

NAD amp. Klipshe speakers. Grado cartriges.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    hm, sounds like you're doing pretty well system-wise

I used to work in a lab building repro's of 50s Marantz amps... this was the LOW-end of what this company manufactured and they were $50,000 for an amp + two-preamps (which would mean many many thousands more for speakers and turntable)

some people just have way too much time and money to devote to this shit

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    yup some people like to spend 50 dollars on doo doo Eric Clapton, Steely Dan and Poco records. Don't ask me, I don't get it. Kinda like white label promos. I wonder if some people don't just run out of things to collect.