Crash is the "best" film.

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Come on? Stop playin

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I havent seen any of the nominated movies, but middle america isnt cosignin' Brokeback/Syriana/Munich. Crash is easier to relate to, plus ensemble cast.

Oscars has been and always will be

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Whatever.... Titanic

For all the hatters on this film..if you went in trying to hate its easy to but i saw that movie out of the blue and thought it was good

This is an all ecompassing movie that prolly had the "broadest coalition" of support. Its easy to see why it won

oscars

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Come on? Stop playin
    You got a better one?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I will say, it's interesting Ang Lee won Best Director and his movie didn't win Best Picture. I think they gave it to Ang, because it was obvious it was a feat for that non-English speaker to put together a decent movie like that. That's the only reason I could give myself. It would make sense to give Best Director to the person who made Best Picture.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I think the fact that a this portrayal of "race relations" gets an Oscar says more about the state of racism than any of the trite cartoon performances by this ensemble cast.

Then again there's Three 6.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I think the fact that a this portrayal of "race relations" gets an Oscar says more about the state of racism than any of the trite cartoon performances by this ensemble cast.

Then again there's Three 6.

A local community center is showing the film and having a forum afterwards as part of a "diversity series".

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    Come on? Stop playin
    You got a better one?

i have a video tape of my grandfather emptying his colostomy bag that is much more entertaining, enriching, and educational than crash, ludacris makes a guest apperance as well

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    A local community center is showing the film and having a forum afterwards as part of a "diversity series".

You should go and be sure to bring Guzzo.

I think they gave it to Ang, because it was obvious it was a feat for that non-English speaker to put together a decent movie like that.

WTF are u talkin about. A Feat?? What does that have to do with talent.
    Three 6 mafia's english is as well.

I think they gave it to Ang, because it was obvious it was a feat for that non-English speaker to put together a decent movie like that.

WTF are u talkin about. A Feat??

yeah that statement is kinda weak

I should go blackface dressed in Confederate regalia so everyone else can think they are not racist.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I should go blackface dressed in Confederate regalia so everyone else can think they are not racist.

Can I have your records after your killed?

exactly

a feat for that non-English speaker to put together a decent movie like that.

Where you in Crash?

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

I think they gave it to Ang, because it was obvious it was a feat for that non-English speaker to put together a decent movie like that. That's the only reason I could give myself.

Wow.

That's the most ignorant thing I have heard in a while.

Yeah, he should stick to Karatee movies or be a mathmatician or open a dry cleaner.

back to the Oscars.........

Did anyone peep the handful of slight disses to DVDs.
    Just Sayin'
    Theatre-Going is way down and DVD sales are up. Is it only a matter of time before the cinema is like the abandonded park ampitheatre.

$10 = mad previews and an alright movie
    $18 = 4/6 hours of material+movie

I think they gave it to Ang, because it was obvious it was a feat for that non-English speaker to put together a decent movie like that. That's the only reason I could give myself.

Wow.

actually english speakers make the worst movies

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Wow.

Whatevs... I guess if you guys had a basic, not advanced command of a foreign language, you'd do okay making sure your actors were keeping true to your vision of the script. That's all I was saying. I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain. I was just most intrigued by his acceptance speech and his English was really bad. How could he make sure that folks were in line with what he thought was the appropriate emotion? I would think there would moments where he'd get lost in the translation.

Wow.

Yeah, he should stick to Karatee movies or be a mathmatician or open a dry cleaner.

i hear they are really good at doing nails!

Theatre-Going is way down and DVD sales are up. Is it only a matter of time before the cinema is like the abandonded park ampitheatre.

I doubt that. But theatre attendence is down may have some relation to quality.

But, at the same time, I'm not sure why they would make comments about DVDs since that is their bread and butter these days.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Wow.

I guess so.

I guess this is what they mean by butthurt.

$10 = mad previews and an alright movie, some dueche talking behind you, kids acting like idiots, sitting next to people who smell, parking...

Wow.

Whatevs... I guess if you guys had a basic, not advanced command of a foreign language, you'd do okay making sure your actors were keeping true to your vision of the script. That's all I was saying. I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain. I was just most intrigued by his acceptance speech and his English was really bad. How could he make sure that folks were in line with what he look was the appropriate emotion? I would there would moments where he's get lost in the translation.

A third of the cats who won were ESL. Who cares. Lauran Bacall's english wasnt that good either.

Wow.

Whatevs... I guess if you guys had a basic, not advanced command of a foreign language, you'd do okay making sure your actors were keeping true to your vision of the script. That's all I was saying. I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain. I was just most intrigued by his acceptance speech and his English was really bad. How could he make sure that folks were in line with what he look was the appropriate emotion? I would there would moments where he's get lost in the translation.

I am sure you are not prejudice and that you just do not understand how films are put together.

I doubt that. But theatre attendence is down may have some relation to quality.

But, at the same time, I'm not sure why they would make comments about DVDs since that is their bread and butter these days.

That's what stumped me.

The Academy would become antiquated with the takeover of individual movie watching..........Imovie/DVD/Internet.

Just like the music industry now tallies downloads.

• back to the Oscars.........

Did anyone peep the handful of slight disses to DVDs.
    Just Sayin'

$10 = mad previews and an alright movie

Anyone remember when VHS came out and the prediction was this was the death knell for cinema's. Then multiplex cinema's came along and audiences increased.

Mind, with 42" Plasma screens and surround sound systems in the home now I wonder how movie theatres can respond this time?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Wow.

A third of the cats who won were ESL. Who cares. Lauran Bacall's english wasnt that good either.
    Fine, fuck it. This isn't really achieving anything. Who cares is right. I wasn't poking fun at dude. I just think given Lee or Crash the Oscar was random, based on the usual trends of how they give out Oscars. I'll leave it alone though, because yeah... what's the point?