Three 6 Mafia about to perform at the Oscars!

Comments

• hey dudes...when is 36Mafia on...?

its airing on tv down here right now... i just saw Ben Stiller dressed as a frog...

is it still to come?

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    This just in...
    NY Times : Oscar won "by the heretofore unknown[/b] Memphis group Three 6 Mafia"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i just watched that shit twice in a row
    shit was beautiful
    i could have done without all that dancing shit and whatever but it's all good

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts
    I liked how Jon Stewart pointed out following the commercial break - Oscar Awards tally: Martin Scorsese-ZERO, Three-6 Mafia-ONE

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

WE EAT SO MANY SHRIMP!!!!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This just in...
    NY Times : Oscar won "by the heretofore unknown[/b] Memphis group Three 6 Mafia"

seriously, didn't kelefa sennah do an entire article on three 6 last year?

• I can see next year's awards:
    And the best picture Oscar goes to... CHOICES III, directed by Ang Lee.

And Guzzo, shouldn't you be boycotting their victory?

"Nigga we some maniacs, fuckin up our brainiacs
    Breakin down some dope, wit a razor[/b] boy remember that"

CRACK!!!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    im still pissing myself.

but i thought they were going to let them say 'BITCH'?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    heretofore unknown[/b] Memphis group Three 6 Mafia"

Don't they know it's most known unknown[/b] Memphis group?
    Seriously, I'm watching it on Youtube now and I'm seriously shocked. In a good way.

WE EAT SO MANY SHRIMP!!!!!!!!!

is juicy j wearing an ascot?!

• WE EAT SO MANY SHRIMP!!!!!!!!!

is juicy j wearing an ascot?!

Dude is the best dressed guy of the whole night.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Yeah, it's all good now, but you KNOW the baby mamas are gonna start calling.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Yeah, it's all good now, but you KNOW the baby mamas are gonna start calling.

Yeeeeeeen't know?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I can see next year's awards:
    And the best picture Oscar goes to... CHOICES III, directed by Ang Lee.

lol

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i dont understand all the excitement over this.
    am i missing something?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    am i missing something?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    am i missing something?

2003 (76th)
    MUSIC (Original Song)
    "Belleville Rendez-vous" from The Triplets of Belleville -- Music by Beno??t Charest; Lyric by Sylvain Chomet
    * "Into the West" from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King -- Music and Lyric by Fran Walsh and Howard Shore and Annie Lennox
    "A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow" from A Mighty Wind -- Music and Lyric by Michael McKean and Annette O'Toole
    "Scarlet Tide" from Cold Mountain -- Music and Lyric by T Bone Burnett and Elvis Costello
    "You Will Be My Ain True Love" from Cold Mountain -- Music and Lyric by Sting

2004 (77th)
    MUSIC (Original Song)
    "Accidentally In Love" from Shrek 2 -- Music by Adam Duritz, Charles Gillingham, Jim Bogios, David Immergluck, Matthew Malley and David Bryson; Lyric by Adam Duritz and Daniel Vickrey
    * "Al Otro Lado Del R??o" from The Motorcycle Diaries -- Music and Lyric by Jorge Drexler
    "Believe" from The Polar Express -- Music and Lyric by Glen Ballard and Alan Silvestri
    "Learn To Be Lonely" from The Phantom of the Opera -- Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber; Lyric by Charles Hart
    "Look To Your Path (Vois Sur Ton Chemin)" from The Chorus (Les Choristes) -- Music by Bruno Coulais; Lyric by Christophe Barratier

2005 (78th)
    MUSIC (Original Song)
    "In the Deep" from Crash -- Music by Kathleen "Bird" York and Michael Becker; Lyric by Kathleen "Bird" York
    * "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" from Hustle & Flow -- Music and Lyric by Jordan Houston, Cedric Coleman and Paul Beauregard [/b]
    "Travelin' Thru" from Transamerica -- Music and Lyric by Dolly Parton

• Can someone confirm who's actually winning Oscars for this song? This picture makes it look like Juicy J, DJ Paul, and Frayser Boy are the only ones.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Can someone confirm who's actually winning Oscars for this song? This picture makes it look like Juicy J, DJ Paul, and Frayser Boy are the only ones.

* "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" from Hustle & Flow -- Music and Lyric by Jordan Houston, Cedric Coleman and Paul Beauregard [/b]

• Can someone confirm who's actually winning Oscars for this song? This picture makes it look like Juicy J, DJ Paul, and Frayser Boy are the only ones.

But who is Cedric Coleman? I found this article on the NY Times that says it's Crunchy Black but everything I had read prior to that said that Frayser Boy had co-written the song.

• i think its great that our youth can see grown men dance around in front of america yelling "nigga" this and "bitch" that "pimp that hoe kilo this yayo that" and then turn around and win an oscar for such behavior... i like the way this portrays blacks in mainstream media too... we should continue trying to keep this image in people's minds.

i think its great that our youth can see grown men dance around in front of america yelling "nigga" this and "bitch" that "pimp that hoe kilo this yayo that" and then turn around and win an oscar for such behavior... i like the way this portrays blacks in mainstream media too... we should continue trying to keep this image in people's minds.

And who are you speaking for?

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    we luh the academy!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i think its great that our youth can see grown men dance around in front of america yelling "nigga" this and "bitch" that "pimp that hoe kilo this yayo that" and then turn around and win an oscar for such behavior... i like the way this portrays blacks in mainstream media too... we should continue trying to keep this image in people's minds.

careful, there are some on this board that will get angry if you disagree with this portrayal.

I speak from experience

careful, there are some on this board that will get angry if you disagree with this portrayal.

I speak from experience

"Let it be me."

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    we luh the academy!

saying, i think that was my favorite part of the speech. that and they said hi to george clooney. "he showed us love"

did anyone notice how other people on stage mentioned george clooney in their acceptance speeches?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    didn't Polanski win an Oscar ?