DJing Abroad

2»

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Here's a mini-mix I did yesterday. Can I come with, Ac_MO?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Alright, here's a mix. It's pretty rough/disjointed in spots and I was going to do another, but I figure you don't get multiple takes live at a club. So honestly this is probably what I would sound like live. Kinda surface stuff, not trying to be super novel, just trying to get people to dance.

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=347FS4UZWNDY6275Y0P66LPV85

Thanks to the people who gave advice.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Alright, here's a mix. It's pretty rough/disjointed in spots and I was going to do another, but I figure you don't get multiple takes live at a club. So honestly this is probably what I would sound like live. Kinda surface stuff, not trying to be super novel, just trying to get people to dance.

maybe you can convert your 400+mb aiff to an mp3? It'll be easier to download.

• Alright, here's a mix. It's pretty rough/disjointed in spots and I was going to do another, but I figure you don't get multiple takes live at a club. So honestly this is probably what I would sound like live. Kinda surface stuff, not trying to be super novel, just trying to get people to dance.

maybe you can convert your 400+mb aiff to an mp3? It'll be easier to download.

Yup- i gave up after 18% complete (20 minutes!), and i was already gearing up to give you some OG Dutch feedback!

Damn, I don't have time right now. But how do I post up an mp3?

convert your aiff to an mp3. do it at 128kbs, making it a smaller file and easier to dl.

I gotta hear this thing.

convert your aiff to an mp3. do it at 128kbs, making it a smaller file and easier to dl.

I gotta hear this thing.

Im listening right now.

I gotta hear this thing.

Im listening right now.

verdict? tracklisting? real headz want to know.

I gotta hear this thing.

Im listening right now.

verdict? tracklisting? real headz want to know.

You passed! Collect your needles on your way out.

post a tracklisting or your soft.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    The lil kim joint on my mix is pure fiyah!!!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Acmo posted his mix!

Just playin'

never let it be said that you is soft.

Never let it be said that i aint a man of my word.

Check your PMs.

Hey, thanks guys, and thanks Tabasko for switching the formats. Public thanks to nzshadow for the contents of that PM

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    So I'm trying to go to Europe in April/May but I have no money. But I figure with the advent of Serato I could just take my laptop and maybe get some DJ gigs over there to help pay for some expenses.

Problem is I don't know any overseas promoters or anything like that, so I'm wondering if the soulstrut community might be able to help me out.

Anyone know anybody who deals with this kind of thing? Anyone I could send a CD to? Popular spots I'd just go club to club with my CD?

Any advice or leads on this would be a huge help and much appreciated.

Sweet dude, we'd love to have you over here in 'Europe' nice of you to narrow it down.

im sure your style of top 40 golden aged whatever will go down real well in Slovakia or maybe Austria... then again Spain could be aching for your talents, come to think of it, Luxemburg or Estonia might 'feel your flava' more.

Its a real sweet idea to just bring a laptop over with all your phat beats and ill breakz.

i mean its not like there are any DJs in 'Europe' who have worked hard, paid their dues and are spinning in their own cities. (some of them even use wax! imagine that...)

Naaaa dude, what 'Europe' needs is guys just like you to come over and bless us with your 'clubrockin skillz'.

By the way, i might be travelling to 'America' sometime, do you know of any spots that i could play top 40 music? i also play Black music of all kinds.

thanks for your insight.

Alan.
    EU Commission Chairman

That's the funniest shit I've read on here in a miniute. And it had a happy ending.

I'm coming to Germany in early August. Will somebody let me sit in? I'll bring you records.

Oh and I don't have no dildo. Just some scratched the fuck up 45s.