edited March 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Loc: kittens eyeball smashing brain...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

grammar check...

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Since I haven't heard any of these records, it's hard to intelligently discuss them. I don't really go nuts for Gary Wilson, but some people have told me that I just don't "get it." They could be right.

I would love to know more about the Leroy Hutson project there in the fourth slot. The internet is silent on the subject.

JRoot

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I would love to know more about the Leroy Hutson project there in the fourth slot. The internet is silent on the subject.

Hands of Time - it's "dope as fuck"

I guess you could call it sweet soul - I read somewhere that hutson sings the lead, but I'm not really sure on that - no verification.

great record.

---

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

I guess you could call it sweet soul - I read somewhere that hutson sings the lead, but I'm not really sure on that - no verification.

great record.

---

So if I were to hazard a guess, the record is pre-1970? It's got Hutson's name all over it, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he inserted himself into the lead singer's role. Or maybe he was the lead singer of the group all along.

Hen's teeth?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    it sounds 70s - not a super rarity, 20 to 50 maybe?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Since I haven't heard any of these records, it's hard to intelligently discuss them. I don't really go nuts for Gary Wilson, but some people have told me that I just don't "get it." They could be right.

IF YOU DON'T GET GARY WILSON THEN YOU JUST DON'T GETS IT, HOMMIE!!!

LOL

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

great record.

---

So if I were to hazard a guess, the record is pre-1970? It's got Hutson's name all over it, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he inserted himself into the lead singer's role. Or maybe he was the lead singer of the group all along.

Hen's teeth?

The post-Curtis Mayfield version of the Impressions (with Hutson as Mayfield's replacement) recorded a version of that song as well. I've got this track on a Impressions compilation...sounds a lot like Hutson on the lead vox. Really nice tune!

SG

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

IF YOU DON'T GET GARY WILSON THEN YOU JUST DON'T GETS IT, HOMMIE!!!

LOL

He's not alone.