Whatchall up to?

JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Rollin J's, drinking ale,"Here We Come" by The 3 Sounds that Jinx gave me is playing on the portable - just some fiery trio business, getting ready to head out to DE CLUB to hear DJ ROSS get down in a friendly manner,... anyone in the City coming?It's FRIDAY YO TIME TO GET

Comments

• autezautez 404 Posts
    please elaborate on this de club you speak of

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Watching the Warriors - Lakers game on TV. Trying to grade some essays, while also watching my kid and grandfather.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    please elaborate on this de club you speak of
    nevermind i just checked the announcements. 10 bones is too steep for my blood. im gonna go to the catalyst or something wack like that for free

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Getting ready for the game

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Watching the Warriors - Lakers game on TV. Trying to grade some essays, while also watching my kid and grandfather.

Sounds great, Have fun with that!

Sounds great, Have fun with that!

Grading essays - NEVER FUN!?!?!!!

Not to mention the Warriors are down by 10 to the Lakers because they got jump shot happy after getting some great pick and roll plays.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    OK, don't have fun with it then

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I'm having a Shoot Me Now night pulling records & CDs and getting my iTunes on for a wedding I'm DJ'ing tomorrow.

Here's some sample requests:

Come on Eileen- Dexy's Midnight Runners
    What a Feelin???- Irene Cara
    Die Without You- PM Dawn
    Careless Whisper- Wham
    Wake me up before you Go-go- Wham
    Isn???t She Lovely- Sinatra
    When you Say nothing at all- Allison Kraus
    September- Earth, Wind and Fire
    You???re Just too Good to be True- Lauren Hill
    Sunday Kind of Love- Etta James
    A Kiss to Build a Dream On- Louis Armstrong
    I would Walk 500 miles- The Proclaimers
    Rocky Top- John Denver
    Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
    Hey Ya- Outcast
    By Your Side- Sade
    Smooth Criminal- MJ
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow- Israel Kamakawiwo???ole
    Make you Feel that way- Blackalicious
    Lilac Wine- Jeff Buckley
    Just like Heaven- the Cure
    Your love keeps (lifting me higher)-Otis Redding
    Lovely Day-Bill Withers

And the souvenir CD they're handing out at the wedding:

1. The Scientist- Coldplay
    2. Everything Reminds Me of Her- Elliott Smith
    3. White Flag- Dido
    4. Do You Realize??- The Flaming Lips
    5. Waste- Phish
    6. I Will- The Beatles
    7. Patience- Guns N??? Roses
    8. Better Together- Jack Johnson
    9. Loving Cup- The Rolling Stones
    10. By Your Side - Sade
    11. She???s In Love With the Boy- Trisha Yearwood
    12. I Melt With You- Modern English
    13. Please Forgive Me- David Gray
    14. Tiny Dancer- Elton John
    15. Wading in the Velvet Sea- Phish
    16. Harvest Moon- Neil Young
    17. California Stars- Billy Bragg & Wilco
    18. Carolina In My Mind- James Taylor

• autezautez 404 Posts
    neil young is a good trak on there

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    just played some ball with my friend's jr. high team, hit my knee, icing it...

and waiting to get a call to roll out to an open bar! WORD.

and also saving some room in my stomach to munch on Jack in the Crack afterwards.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i think your friends have too many phish songs for one compilation and especially for a wedding cd.... and can suicide fallen elliott smith handle a love song without the slitting of his wrists? sounds like a scary wedding...

have fun!

i think your friends have too many phish songs for one compilation and especially for a wedding cd.... and can suicide fallen elliott smith handle a love song without the slitting of his wrists? sounds like a scary wedding...

have fun!

It was aight. Reception started at 7, bride and groom arrived at 9, people danced for about 30 minutes, then everyone left by 10:30pm because their planned video feed of the UNC/Duke game in the next room didn't come through, and nobody wanted to miss it.

Requests included:

- Journey (got $2 tip for this one)

- Eric Clapton "The Way you Look Tonight" (uh, no.)

- "Steely Dan or some other 70s smooth jazz rock" (I should have asked if he was a Soulstrutter)

- "Something slow" (I played "Wild Horses" and everyone left including the dude that made the request)

- Some 8 year old getting his "annoying song requester" on early in life asked for "Something funky" during a JB track and the obligatory "dance music" when people were still eating. Precocious!

- One girl asked for Kanye, Beyonce, Tone-Loc, Salt-n-Pepa, Andre 3000 and "Baby Got Back." I played most of these and not surprisingly they worked a charm. Threw in 'Bust A Move' for good measure which had the entire room yelling out lyrics.

Quote of the night from an attractive twentysomething caterer:
    "It's so funny seeing all these thirty-year olds try to dance!"

The most fun part was near the end when there were about 5 girls ranging in age from about 10-15 who had the floor to themselves . Totally spazzing out, they did all sorts of things like running around, dancing violently, jumping, pirouetting, crabwalking, laying on the ground motionless, and other assorted silly kid moves to stuff like "Planet Rock," "Rapture," and "Lose Control." Awesome.

Luckily the bride and groom said I was "perfect," playing "exactly what they wanted," I was out of there by 11:30pm, drove back into town to my usual funk party at 1:30am where my co-Dj's were holding it down, jumped on the decks to play a single Nicole Willis track, had a couple of beers, danced with our homegirls until about 3am, got some drunk calls from LL in NYC and RossHogg in SF, returned my rental SUV at 4am, and generally had fun rest of the night.

PS - SORRY KARLITO I DID NOT PLAY A SINGLE PHISH SONG ALL NIGHT

• got some drunk calls from LL in NYC and RossHogg in S

But don't forget: I was also with Mongo_Slade and the one Cosmo Baker, who was dropping AV8 Club Banghers at the time.

[Sorry that I couldn't hear a thing you were saying and just hung up on you.]

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm 'bout to shave my nipples.

Swear to God.

Herm

[Sorry that I couldn't hear a thing you were saying and didn't mind that you hung up on me.]