Fuck Mike Axelrod

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Fuck that dude. Sayin.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    David's Son?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dude swearing and shit behind Antonio Davis's wife and kids. Fuck him and his self righteous bullshit. Anyone seen this?

• I don't get it. What's the situation? Do you have a link?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Fan threatens lawsuit; blames N.Y. forward's wife
    Associated Press

CHICAGO -- As New York Knicks forward Antonio Davis was suspended for five games by the NBA for climbing into the stands to confront a man during a game in Chicago, that fan said he did nothing wrong and was attacked by Davis' wife.

The altercation came in overtime Wednesday night of the Bulls' 106-104 victory. Davis said he thought his wife was in danger and later released a statement saying the fan was drunk.

"It's a lie," 22-year-old Michael Axelrod said in a phone interview with The Associated Press.

Axelrod's attorney, Jay Paul Deratany, said he planned to sue Davis and his wife for more than $1 million. Deratany said he was writing the papers Thursday for a battery suit against Kendra Davis and a slander case against Antonio Davis, and planned to file them Friday.

Deratany also said, "A public apology from the Davises would go a long way toward resolving this."

Axelrod claimed Kendra Davis tried to scratch him after he protested a call. Axelrod, who was sitting a couple of rows behind her, said he never laid a hand on Davis' wife and said he was not drunk.

Axelrod's father, David, is a prominent Democratic political consultant in Chicago who has worked with Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley.

"When I go to games, I cheer as hard as I can for the Bulls, and I boo as hard as I can for whoever they're playing," Michael Axelrod said. "I don't feel comfortable if players are allowed to easily jump into the crowd whenever they feel like it's necessary."[/b]

There are plenty of clips of this and she was interviewed. Essentially, she turned around and (while using her hands to gesture while she talked) said please stop swearing while my kids are sitting here. He calls over security because she is trying to get him to stop. Dudes think they have carte blanche to do as they please in society if they're in public. Like Cops Mardi Gras I saw where guy whips it out on Bourbon St, gets arrested, and was saying to the cop "I thought that was legal here." People need to man up and take responsibility for their actions. Kendra didn't touch dude, how can battery be charged?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    "When I go to games, I cheer as hard as I can for the Bulls, and I boo as hard as I can for whoever they're playing," Michael Axelrod said.

I'm probably in the minority on this...but does anyone else find it offensive when their home crowd is booing real loudly or waiving those balloon animals while dudes on the other team are shooting foul shots?

Cheering loudly for your team is one thing, and i'm sure the players appreciate it and feed on it, but booing is just bad sportsmanship and, worse, it paints your team as the bad guys. Also, on a strictly strategic level, if i'm on the other squad and everyone is booing me, thats just gonna make me get hype (remember reggie miller against spike lee and the knicks??).

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Much to do about nothing. The guy's a baby. Walk it off. It's like that guy who got hit with the basketball from Kevin Garnett and then got carted away. They're looking for some pocket change in a settlement. Class act.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    "When I go to games, I cheer as hard as I can for the Bulls, and I boo as hard as I can for whoever they're playing," Michael Axelrod said.

I'm probably in the minority on this...but does anyone else find it offensive when their home crowd is booing real loudly or waiving those balloon animals while dudes on the other team are shooting foul shots?

Cheering loudly for your team is one thing, and i'm sure the players appreciate it and feed on it, but booing is just bad sportsmanship and, worse, it paints your team as the bad guys. Also, on a strictly strategic level, if i'm on the other squad and everyone is booing me, thats just gonna make me get hype (remember reggie miller against spike lee and the knicks??).

You were never the best player, so that thought is understandable.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

You were never the best player, so that thought is understandable.

but he is the highest paid

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Fuck Mike Axelrod

It's time we start dealin with reality at sports games - the fans are the worst. But the league don't wanna deal with that enough as they should. You see this dood Axelrod on TV? You can tell he's a spoiled, arrogant, dogshit motherfucker.

• Options
    I think she got into it with a couple fans here too, something about here has confrontation written all over it. A couple of my friends who work closely with the Raptors have told me as much

K.

P.S. And I'm not just saying this because the Davis's think that their kids learining our national anthem in school is bad for their health.