Anyone checking for Murs/9th Wonder? Seriously!

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
On the same vibe as the Ice Cube post, Murray's Revenge in coming out in a few weeks and I was wondering if any people will be checking for it? I really dug the first one, I think its cuz Murs is ill and sounds really good over 9th beats (IMO). I also think 9th stepped it up a bit in regards to production and choppin shit up (again, IMO). But I know there's a lot of 9th FANS on this board and was curious if anybody would be checking...

Comments

• On the same vibe as the Ice Cube post, Murray's Revenge in coming out in a few weeks and I was wondering if any people will be checking for it? I really dug the first one, I think its cuz Murs is ill and sounds really good over 9th beats (IMO). I also think 9th stepped it up a bit in regards to production and choppin shit up (again, IMO). But I know there's a lot of 9th FANS on this board and was curious if anybody would be checking...

I think you mean "there isn't[/b] a lot of 9th fans on this board", but yo I think is Murs is pretty good on the mic.

PAGING HERMILLO

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Sorry forgot to put (insert sarcasm) here..... I know dudes be hatting on 9th a lot (me included), but that 9th Edition album was real cool and I've heard 5 tracks from this new one (pretty similar) and its sounding good to me again...

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Yeah, the first one is really the only thing 9th Wonder I can thoroughly get with. What I heard from the new one was pretty cool, save a couple of beats I wasn't feeling...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Sorry forgot to put (insert sarcasm) here..... I know dudes be hatting on 9th a lot (me included), but that 9th Edition album was real cool and I've heard 5 tracks from this new one (pretty similar) and its sounding good to me again...

i half agree. murs 3:16 was a pretty decent album. 9th kind of took his beats a little further than normal, and murs usually brings it to a listenable level. however, this new go is not good. ive heard the entire release, and it was one of the more boring things ive listned to in a long time. i honestly thought while listening to it that the same beats were being used for two different songs, they were so similar. ill pass.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I wasn't really feeling the first one, untill about 6 months ago I started listening to it again and it really grew on me.. looking forward to there next one.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I can definitely see that (same beats/sounding alike) but I dug it that much, that I would pay to hear it again with some new verses.

I really think its due to Murs tho. I never checked for him till this (sorry) but dude tells stories really good and again sounds really good over 9th (way better than anybody else, IMO)...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I've heard one track off the new one and it wasn't impressing but I'll check for it when it comes out. 9th edition was pretty amazing in parts actually. I mean, "This is for..."?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    They're shooting the first video this weekend around the store and neighborhood. should be dope.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I think is Murs is pretty good on the mic.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Murs brought the new joint by on Friday. CD is pretty nice, though Ninth still uses the same drumkit for most of the album. However the last track with a chopped up Nautilus sample is pretty dope. Definately the dopest track on the album IMO.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I like 9th's beats even if he ???often??? uses ???that's right??? the same drumkit!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

[color:blue] DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT.[/color]

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

[color:blue] I'M TALKING TO YOU, BSIDES.[/color]

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

[color:blue] YOU TOO, MARTIN. [/color]

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

[color:blue] THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT. [/color]

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

[color:blue] DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT.[/color]

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

[color:blue] I'M TALKING TO YOU, BSIDES.[/color]

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

[color:blue] YOU TOO, MARTIN. [/color]

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

Buy this on Tuesday.

[color:blue] THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT. [/color]

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

I like 9th's beats even if he ???often??? uses ???that's right??? the same drumkit!!

I read an interview with him where he reciprocates to the accusations of using the same drumkits on all his beats. He claims that he uses different samples, but he always EQs them to a similar sound. Whatever the case is, those drums sure do sound "consistent".

Murs is good. 3:16 was good. 9th is better with Murs. I will check for the new album.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Murs is good. 3:16 was REAL[/b] good. 9th is WAY[/b] better with Murs. I will check for the new album.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Murs is good. 3:16 was REAL[/b] good. 9th is WAY[/b] better with Murs. I will check for the new album.

Exactly I heard some tracks and it is sounding good. That Jeanius album qith jean grae sould have been released it would have had the same type of effect and 3:16 and was at the rpime of Grae's hype...they are working on another one however

This album

had a few standout tracks where 9th sounded completely different (soul dojo in particular) and is also worth checking for

Its true about 9th's drums but put all his best beats/tracks together and you've got a great mix

where is faux already...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The New Lp is lava.

The last track has 9th choppin' the fuck outta Nautilus=

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im down wit it.

i love how the "same drumkit" issue comes in every 9th related post.
    at least its a dope kit.