Serge Gainsbourg vs Whitney Houston video

LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
He's all over the radio here, Mr. Gainsbourg died 15 years ago.And here's what you want to see: Serge G. vs Whitney Houston.Somebody put this up on his blog or something.http://gainsbarre.typepad.com/mon_weblog/radio_tv/index.html

Comments

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    incredible!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    dude was a straight up pimp

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    What a pimp! That shit was hilarious. 'I'm not drunk!'

I finally landed the Melody Nelson LP recently. Is it bad that I stared at the cover for a few minutes?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

I finally landed the Melody Nelson LP recently. Is it bad that I stared at the cover for a few minutes?

No. They don't make woman like that anymore.

Heavy rotation:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    dude was a straight up pimp

...who had a fleet of rolls royce's even though he couldn't drive.

• What a pimp! That shit was hilarious. 'I'm not drunk!'

Heavy rotation:

how much does the OG of this go for?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Heavy rotation:

I have no idea. I never have seen a copy. I can tell you that it's a pretty good deal on iTunes. I purchased the original album and a remixed version, about 30 tracks in total, for $10.

• What a pimp! That shit was hilarious. 'I'm not drunk!'

Heavy rotation:

I have no idea. I never have seen a copy. I can tell you that it's a pretty good deal on iTunes. I purchased the original album and a remixed version, about 30 tracks in total, for $10.

I got a copy a few years ago for about $15 which i thought was a good deal, different cover than the one above with serge standing alone in the desert.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    the desert cover is the OG

mines a real nice numbered limted reissue from a few years back.. heavy duty cover / wax.. the pics of serge lounging i nthe yard are awesome

i needs the dub versions BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

except for her two smokin daughters... damn

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I don't know why people act like it's Serge vs. Whitney...for her part, ole Whit didn't look like she was putting up much of a fight.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Sorry, I meant Serge meets Whitney, kna'mean

And btw Jane Birkin has three daughters

isnt her 3rd daughter still underage??

thus i withold my amorous attentions

Whoa... I just fell in love 3 times. Damn those are some good genes.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

except for her two smokin daughters... damn

lou wins

Is it bad that I've been staring at this picture for a couple of minutes?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

is it wrong that I've been looking at this one for like half an hour?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I remember being on tour with a jazz band in france and we were in this bar and there was a picture of mr gainsbourg on the wall, where he was sitting in his classy suit in the middle of stacks of vinyl, smoking a cigarette, looking straight Damn, i wish i had that picture, can't find it on the web....aux armes etcetera is playin right now...wish i had this bonnie and clyde on 45 though....he was one of the cooles og mofo's on this planet...bien sur!!!!

btw...is anyone in the know how this one is looking as an og? Did it have a proper release back then?...i only got this here:

?????????????????????

wish i had this bonnie and clyde on 45 though....

I have some 80s press of it on 45 that's a supposed remix, but it sounds pretty much the same as the original. Je T'Aime on the flip. I also just picked up MC Solaar's Nouveau Western on 12" that samples said track. Maybe I'll record the blend of the 2 and post it up in his honor.

DJ Ferrari

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    btw...is anyone in the know how this one is looking as an og? Did it have a proper release back then?...i only got this here:

?????????????????????

huh?

that's a compilation of his soundtrack work..

the raerest on there is 'la horse' og 45 on hortensia. its $750-$1000 i think

there was also a sir menelik japan only release with some japanese dj that flipped one of his songs, i think it was from some french cop movie, someone posted a lil clip on this board a while ago...both tracks are pure heat...

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    yeah requiem pour un con, much more accessible than la horse..

heres the youtube clip if anyone missed it http://youtube.com/watch?v=24cVuOXT5kY

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    there was a picture of mr gainsbourg on the wall, where he was sitting in his classy suit in the middle of stacks of vinyl, smoking a cigarette, looking straight Damn, i wish i had that picture, can't find it on the web...
    is this the pic?
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    he looks pretty bad ass here too

• is it wrong that I've been looking at this one furiously and angrily [/b]jerkin' it for like half an hour?

DOG!

ThATS A REALLY BAD LOOK FOR YOU! EVEN FOR SOULSTRUT!

is this the pic?

i believe there was another one taken before that record was broken and where he did smoke...Um, let me see, damn I can't remember......thanks for postin this...

• jandarajandara 44 Posts
    I remember watching this on live TV. I don't think Whitney realized what was happening!!!!
    There was another incident with Gainsbourg and Catherine Ringer from the Rita Mitsouko definitely

Gainsbourg/Gainsbar RIP