Dead!

leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
So i'm listening to this new Ace compilation and it's even tho some tracks are dope but the title track by Carolyn Sullivan is supposed to be recorded by Moses Dillard (also written), Cresa Watson and Phyllis Brown is really really good so naturally my question is, what version is the shit of this song? Tnanks in advance ya'll /L

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    So i'm listening to this new Ace compilation and it's even tho some tracks are dope but the title track by Carolyn Sullivan is supposed to be recorded by Moses Dillard (also written), Cresa Watson and Phyllis Brown is really really good so naturally my question is, what version is the shit of this song?

Tnanks in advance ya'll

/L

I only have/have heard of the Carolyn Sullivan version, and I think it's freakin' great. Plaese to post up any other versions you hear about

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    So i'm listening to this new Ace compilation and it's even tho some tracks are dope but the title track by Carolyn Sullivan is supposed to be recorded by Moses Dillard (also written), Cresa Watson and Phyllis Brown is really really good so naturally my question is, what version is the shit of this song?

Tnanks in advance ya'll

/L

I only have/have heard of the Cresa Watson version, and I think it's freakin' great. Plaese to post up any other versions you hear about

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The only version I own is from this chick famous for being Donovan's girlfriend that later became a pin-up queen... don't remember her name but its on London and she's cavorting with animals partially clothed in a field on the sleeve...

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    .....dana gillespie produced by mickey most.

her version is superb. found it at MARS montreal(rip) of course when i got to the counter and danno's avatar was pricing my records, he held that one aside and said "she's so hot right now, this is gonna be more..."

definitely other versions out there, some rare 45 versions??

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    so hot right now

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    I posted this some time ago, but here it is again:

"Dead" 45 versions [/b]

Phyllis Brown "Dead/ Mrs. Bean" (Soft S-1037)
    Edith Jones "I Don???t Care No More/ You Lay So Easy On My Mind" (Le Cam 316)
    Carolyn Sullivan "Dead/ Wow" (Soft 1020)
    Carolyn Sullivan "Dead!/ Wow" (Philips 40507)
    Cresa Watson "Dead/ Alpine Winter" (Charay C-91)
    Cresa Watson "Dead/ Alpine Winter" (Charay 45-700)
    Sons of Moses "Deviled Egg/ Alpine Winter" (Bix BI-102)
    Cutty Sark "Dusty/ Dusty (Inst.)" (Zuma 652)
    Cutty Sark "Dusty/ The Night of Phantom" (Zuma 652)
    Zuma "Dusty/ Inst." (Zuma 652)

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    I posted this some time ago, but here it is again:

"Dead" 45 versions [/b]

Phyllis Brown "Dead/ Mrs. Bean" (Soft S-1037)
    Edith Jones "I Don???t Care No More/ You Lay So Easy On My Mind" (Le Cam 316)
    Carolyn Sullivan "Dead/ Wow" (Soft 1020)
    Carolyn Sullivan "Dead!/ Wow" (Philips 40507)
    Cresa Watson "Dead/ Alpine Winter" (Charay C-91)
    Cresa Watson "Dead/ Alpine Winter" (Charay 45-700)
    Sons of Moses "Deviled Egg/ Alpine Winter" (Bix BI-102)
    Cutty Sark "Dusty/ Dusty (Inst.)" (Zuma 652)
    Cutty Sark "Dusty/ The Night of Phantom" (Zuma 652)
    Zuma "Dusty/ Inst." (Zuma 652)

Big thanks, as usual on point

/L