Austin Record Fair countdown

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    My Attendance is mandatory...just spoke to coffinjoe about it yesterday so I'll definitely be there. I'm down with buying a beer for any cool SS'ers there.

As long as it's not Molson I will gladly let you buy me a beer. Strutters from outside of Texas please to be sure to experience the glory that is "LONESTAR BEER!"

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    My Attendance is mandatory...just spoke to coffinjoe about it yesterday so I'll definitely be there. I'm down with buying a beer for any cool SS'ers there.

As long as it's not Molson I will gladly let you buy me a beer. Strutters from outside of Texas please to be sure to experience the glory that is "LONESTAR BEER!"

I'm not talking about Molson or Lonestar...I'm talking this micro brew joint in Downtown Austin which has an extremely appealing variety of the finest hops induced beverages.....let's deal with that.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Strutters from outside of Texas please to be sure to experience the glory that is "LONESTAR BEER!"

The National Beer of Texas

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    Strutters from outside of Texas please to be sure to experience the glory that is "LONESTAR BEER!"

The National Beer of Texas

No, RHs drink Pearl. (Well at least used to until it was bought by Miller).

No, RHs drink Pearl.

touche, although i was making a reference to the slogan, not the taste. i'd say they're pretty comparable though.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

I'm not talking about Molson or Lonestar...I'm talking this micro brew joint in Downtown Austin which has an extremely appealing variety of the finest hops induced beverages.....let's deal with that.

you talking about Waterloo Ice House?
    I'm down for some brews, Shiner is about as refined as I get though.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    GREAT AMERICAN BEER FESTIVAL GOLD MEDAL 1991.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

one of my best austin customers was the manager of that joint
    back when it was sxsw & the arc show, he would comp me a meal there
    not being a big drinker anymore, i asked for advice in ordering
    he sent over some super sampler of atleast dozen beers & ales
    killer stuff & i was drank

i thought you texas midlanders raved about that shiners bock swill (just kidding)
    lonestar was more of a lubbock move
    whats up with that

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

i thought you texas midlanders raved about that shiners bock swill (just kidding)

Shiner Bock was great until about '91 when they were bought out by Corona (I think it was) who changed up the recipe in a bad way.

Hey Ross, remember how the 21st Street Coop always seemed to get the best-tasting Shiner Bock kegs anywhere for their Bouffant Jellyfish/Retarded Elf parties?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    why do I have the feeling this Austin show is gonna be more about beer than records?

fyi - i scored $30 a nite extended stay style suite on priceline
    location, off I-35 + across 290 from the old crockett center (rrggghh)
    but not too far from the new local
    total with tax & service charge = $111
    not too bad for 3 nites

cheapest I could get was 54$ a night for 4 nights at the Rodeway Inn. See yall there.

• y'all might wanna check hotels at 35&Parmer too but the area coffin mentioned is probably cheaper, as 35&Parmer catches a lot of business travelers. also 35&290 is not far at all from downtown.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    What about the Red Roof Inn? $45???

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Rodeway Inn.

didn't the film part of brokeback mountain there?

• Rodeway Inn.

didn't the film part of brokeback mountain there?

HIYO!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    will be there with abou 5000 or 7000 records. whatever i can fit in the truck. come check out the heat. 12's lp's maybe some hip hop posters as well. gonna do a blowout.

www.thecraftbeats.com

Bouffant Jellyfish/Retarded Elf parties?

jesus that's old school shit right thurrrr.

• ryanryan 334 Posts

jumbo jumbo wayha. . .

and don't forget billy goat.

jumbo jumbo wayha. . .

and don't forget billy goat.

fuck more bitch less.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    My favorite of all the of Texas Funk bands from that era was Sprawl.

Speed Gospel from the Space City!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    My favorite of all the of Texas Funk bands from that era was Sprawl.

Speed Gospel from the Space City!

The Guise of a Saleman by Sprawl was my ish.

I think I did a post on this album a long time ago, but who's up on this cassettecdonlyraer?

My favorite track on there, which I'd love to someday give a proper vinyl release:

Fleshmop - Feeble Minds

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

The Guise of a Saleman by Sprawl was my ish.

I think I did a post on this album a long time ago, but who's up on this cassettecdonlyraer?

My favorite track on there, which I'd love to someday give a proper vinyl release:

Fleshmop - Feeble Minds

Another one that is pretty rare is the Axiom Album compilation LP. Sprawl was on that one too. I believe it was the first record on the Rastaman Work Ethic label.

hell yeah I bought a pimp ass 1987 Ford Econoline van today for 900$ and I'm gonna rage it to Austin with a load of vinyl. This shits got a CB radio, TV, sink, closet, bed, tape deck and 126,000 miles of pure unstopability.

* not actual vehicle... I'm nicknaming her "Trusty Rusty"

hell yeah I bought a pimp ass 1987 Ford Econoline van today for 900$ and I'm gonna rage it to Austin with a load of vinyl. This shits got a CB radio, TV, sink, closet, bed, tape deck and 126,000 miles of pure unstopability.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    coffinjoe, please say hi to my local dealers from Stuttgart (big, mean looking, sweaty guys). ever since you have been talking to them about me, they think I'm a big dude (wrong grammar?). Finally, they are offering me some records from "behind the counter"! Thanks to you! haha!

Say "hi" to them, please! Hope to meet you in Utrecht this year!

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts

one of my best austin customers was the manager of that joint
    back when it was sxsw & the arc show, he would comp me a meal there
    not being a big drinker anymore, i asked for advice in ordering
    he sent over some super sampler of atleast dozen beers & ales
    killer stuff & i was drank

lonestar was more of a lubbock move
    whats up with that

are you guys talking about the bitter end & the b-side? i love that place.

Say "hi" to them, please! Hope to meet you in Utrecht this year!

i will take super special care of them,
    any friend of grope & tom's......

and yeah, 16beat, the bitter end, great place !!

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

I have always wanted one of those....I admit full on and complete jealousy...

I'll be in one of these...

[/img]

no where near as interesting...but she gets me there..(and i'm still jealous)