early crew names

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jspr said:
    idiotproof said:

The Alkaholiks = E.S.P.

Surely not the ESP who did the Valoom padoom pink album w Howie Tee on Select in '91?

"Fingertips" b/w "Clap Yo Hands" was my joint.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    In highschool I was DJ Flowmaster, my partner was DJ Wonder. We were refered to as Wonderflow. The system for our first big house party consisted of about a dozen different speakers from peoples home stereos and car boxes. 5 amps ( 1 of which was a 12v DC amp hooked to a car battery with charger) We had to run an ext cord to the neighboring house because we kept popping the breaker. I have a VHS tape somewhere.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    C.ommando A.ttack T.eam.....circa 1986.
    We didnt fusk w/ music though. Just on some ninja shit running through buildings without being seen.
    Sneakin into the local public school and avoiding custodians.
    2 outta of us four went on to TroubleNeck Brothers.
    One of us had a single Just The Two Of Us - MVP, but he wasnt in C.A.T.

• Old graf crew was CWA (City Wide Assault), which then became FBI (Far Beyond Insanity). Unfortunately, as FBI developed more of our gangbanger friends became involved and the crew became more about tagbanging then for the "art" of it. Jumping other crews, bombing anything and everything, robbing the ticket/cash handler at local raves and in the case of an old friend who was also my first ever graffiti partner, getting locked up as an accessory due to a carjacking/killing that happened at my job. (I was literally less than one minute from being an accessory myself. I was still in the parking lot - driving away - when the shot went off. No joke.) Fortunately, a couple of us regular, non-banger dudes left the crew once we saw who was involved and either started other crews or (as in my case) stayed solo.

(This city being as small as it is, the cousin of the man who was killed ended up being my boss years down the line and remains a good friend to this day. It was weird when the revelation came to light. He was telling me about his cousin who was killed in a carjacking and I had to stop him and admit that my friends were responsible.)

• Let's see; my brother and I had a dance duo named Step 2 Dis. His name was Jaywalk and mine was Freeze (due to my incredible ability to be able to freeze my body in any position while breakdancing). We also used to beat box and rhyme on 8 track tapes and James Brown breaks for hours on end, lots of spit and lots of mistakes. Then my boys and I had two names for our two MC and one DJ crew. One, D.O.P. (Definition of Power) didn't go over too well so we went with Rhyme Arsenal with the title of our album being "Loading Lyrics"... I even remember drawing the cover art with graffitti letters, microphones and .45cal pistols. Our names were; Murder Mike, L-Dogg, and DJ Supreme Being (that was my name). We used alot of Curtis Mayfield beats one of our faves was Freddie's Dead.