Whats the worst music magazine?

13»

Comments

• XLR8R is a real doo-rag imho...

• XLR8R is a real doo-rag imho...

Seriously? I think they've been getting better with every issue, definetly filling a void (imo).

I'm really feeeling re-up as of late. The writing is decent, but to me it reminds me off Grand Slam/Big Daddy w/ Off the chain design.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The last issue of ego trip is the Breaking Atoms of magazines.

That makes me the K-Cut of ego trip.

Who'd be the Sir Scratch in that analogy then?

• The last issue of ego trip is the Breaking Atoms of magazines.

That makes me the K-Cut of ego trip.

Who'd be the Sir Scratch in that analogy then?

I dunno. Hmm... since technically I think I took over the EIC position from Sacha I guess then maybe I'd be... Mikey D?
    All I know is Stu Fine = Ted Bawno.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Mao,

One more q: I had no idea Henry Chalfant was one of the founders. How did that happen?

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    The last issue of ego trip is the Breaking Atoms of magazines.

Yeah, that issue was great. Unfortunately, the last issue of Ego Trip was also the first issue of Ego Trip I ever bought. I read it, loved it, and thought to myself "oh well, too bad they're not making anymore." Since it was my first issue I wasn't sure if their announcement that it was the final issue was a joke or not. Most magazines (that aren't huge well-known mags) don't announce they're going away, they just sort of disappear and you never see them again.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Life @ Vibe Magazine - quite funny

http://bittervibes.blogspot.com/

• Mao,

One more q: I had no idea Henry Chalfant was one of the founders. How did that happen?

Henry loaned Sacha & Elliott the capital to start up ego trip after they left Beatdown (Sacha knew Henry thru graffiti). In the early days Henry would also step in to help out in times of need, like co-signing an office lease as guarantor b/c Sacha & Elliott - *surprise, surprise* being young, w/o credit history & of color - weren't necessarily the sort of tenants NYC commercial space lessors were knocking down the doors looking for. (ego trip actually began out of Henry's old loft space on Grand St., featured in Style Wars, but we've moved about 8 or 9 times in our illustrious history; we should be getting priced out of our current location any minute now.)

Like Kool DJ Red Alert, Henry Chalfant is a great man.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

By the way:

"Benzino-free," yet still trash.

To be fair, one couldn't reasonably expect them to find a new identity and up the quality in the space of a single issue, but if they're going to make something of the brand, they need to haul out all of the trash--get rid of Jeremy Miller and everyone else tainted by the Benzino era.