Problem w/ seller - ebay related.

tjamestjames 156 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Hey. Two weeks ago I ordered twenty 45's from ebay and haven't received a total from the seller. I've sent him two requests and still haven't heard from him. How long is too long to wait and how do I get out of a transaction with a guy who apparently doesn't care about this sale? Thanks.

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Is the seller in the states? Did you use PayPal? Were they shipped out with Media Mail? Details, man.

Either way, wait another week.

• By the sounds of it, the seller didn't even give him a total, so he can't proceed with the transaction. That sucks, and i'm not really sure what you can do at this point except complain to e-bay or threaten him with bad feedback...that usually makes people "care." I'm guessing (and this is just an assumption) that he may have realized something in the lot was worth more than what you paid for the whole lot, and has decided to ignore your messages. Bottom line, is try to reason with him at first, and if that doesn't work file a complaint/bad feedback with e-bay.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    You know what? I totally missed that part. Shame on me for skimming.

But here's what you do - file a claim with eBay. There's a specific section for issues like "Seller did not list total" or "Seller is not responding to e-mails." Sounds like you got the 45s for lower that he/she expected. Do it ASAP, with no questions asked. Two e-mails is plenty of warning, unless you want to send the seller one more letting them know your intentions. What is the seller's feedback rating, and how long have they been selling? It might ever be (gasp!) a Strutter that you can put on blast before your 10th post.

Worst case scenario: their eye fell out.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    By the sounds of it, the seller didn't even give him a total, so he can't proceed with the transaction. That sucks, and i'm not really sure what you can do at this point except complain to e-bay or threaten him with bad feedback...that usually makes people "care." I'm guessing (and this is just an assumption) that he may have realized something in the lot was worth more than what you paid for the whole lot, and has decided to ignore your messages. Bottom line, is try to reason with him at first, and if that doesn't work file a complaint/bad feedback with e-bay.

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

Thanks for the info. I've sent the seller six requests for a total w/ shipping (ebay is still totalling the shipping @ $80.00 for 20 x 45's); I figure the seller was disappointed with the selling price or they are hoping I'll cave and fork over the $80.00 for shipping. What's even worse is that I've tracked his comments left and the dude is still selling, people are getting their stuff etc. I HATE DEAD-BEATS!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    That shit happened to me when I won the Lord Funk (El Chichles) LP on ebay for $20! Dude nevr responded. Oh well.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    post the guy's name and address, i'll get you his phone number. multiple prank calls from several states is always a good way to keep folls on the up 'n up.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I have a slightly related problem. I won a record for one euro which is like a 20-30 euro record. dude never responded. i wrote 3 emails about it. i then received an email under his adress saying it was his girl writing and that he was sent on an army mission! and she does not know where the record is!!! And that she had no contact to him!!!!!! on some secret invasion typeofsteez ! total bs!! "she" wanted to give me the money back! Haha, and then "she" told me the only thing that he sold and she found was a computer program package (the only thing that got over 15 euros, yeah i get the point)...so yeah, im still on it trying to get this damn record...fuck, those people are totally buggin'....

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    PM seller's name please. I had a similar GF answering experience sticky_dojah.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    PM seller's name please. I had a similar GF answering experience sticky_dojah.

Might as well go public and expose this douche

Negative feedbacks are always an option... but I guess then you risk retaliation...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    he's listed in germany as mb132132...he only bought up until now, has 17 feedbacks (all from sellers and no buyer feedback), all positive and i am sick of this...just send me that record...and i am nowhere near threatening this guy, i told him, look i send you a special package, so you can send me the record cheaper (in germany if u use a special packageform, you can send a record for 1,65 instead of 4,60...he charged 4,95 shipping costs) that would leave him with even more money...no answer yet...

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    I have a slightly related problem. I won a record for one euro which is like a 20-30 euro record. dude never responded. i wrote 3 emails about it. i then received an email under his adress saying it was his girl writing and that he was sent on an army mission! and she does not know where the record is!!! And that she had no contact to him!!!!!! on some secret invasion typeofsteez ! total bs!! "she" wanted to give me the money back! Haha, and then "she" told me the only thing that he sold and she found was a computer program package (the only thing that got over 15 euros, yeah i get the point)...so yeah, im still on it trying to get this damn record...fuck, those people are totally buggin'....

i hate this type of shit.... ill usually get the "oh man...you wouldnt believe it but i broke it, heres your money back". I guess it could happen but is when you get a deal on something

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    he's listed in germany as mb132132

If only Frank were still here. The German Record Shakedown stories he could tell...

• how do I get out of a transaction with a guy who apparently doesn't care about this sale?

err just hope he don't send you a total!

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    I'm going through very much the same thing right now. I won seven auctions from one dude, was planning to bid on a bunch more, but all of a sudden he's blocked me from bidding on his auctions and won't send me an invoice. He's not replying to my emails either. I'm completely stuck.

Transaction Blocked
    Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the Ask Seller Questions feature if you want additional details.

Ain't that some shit?

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    The seller finally sent me a total (w/ a decent shipping charge) after I threatened to make a formal complaint. Apparently he missed all 5 or 6 of my emails and the two requests for a total. Regarding what to do next, I know what you mean (the average man) about being weary to continue, the problem is that the price I won the records at is too enticing and worth the risk. Thanks for all the help - hopefully I get my records.